S3 or S4?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I recently upgraded to the S3 through AT&T and paid 199.99 like an idiot. I found it at Sams Club for 79 bucks. I returned my S3 to the AT&T store and reversed my upgrade since they wouldn't budge on price and will be going to Sams to upgrade. My question is; now that we know what the S4 will bring to the table, should I wait and pay 200 for the S4 on release, or just grab the S3 for 79 bucks? It seems that the S3 has a lot of life left in it as well as a great dev community.

Thanks

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Compare the specs between the two phones. Then decide if the improvements made in the GS4 are worth the extra $120. If you think it's worth the money and you can wait a couple months, then wait. If you think it's not worth the extra money, or if your current phone sucks so bad that you need something new right now, then buy the GS3.

BadHead1970

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It would have Been good to see the S4 with an aluminium body. Plastic is not really good enough any more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Plastic is plenty good enough. Every bit as functional. Maybe more so, given that the aluminum monoblock construction leaves no way to change the battery. My personal opinion is that an aluminum body is just a way for people to be snobbish. Too bad BMW doesn't make a phone for those folks.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'd wait... Mine as well grab the latest if you can with your upgrade.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
While the S4 is and improvement it's still evolutionary not revolutionary, very much in the vein of an Apple 'S' upgrade if you will. There are a few hardware benifits that might be compelling, the IR blaster could be pretty cool, the 'air-touch' also if it doesn't suck. Also realize that if your in the USA you won't be getting the 8 core chip but 'only' a quad core, certainly an upgrade over the S3 but at what cost? Of course Samsung did say that most of these features, as long as there not hardware limited, will be coming to the S3, granted we'll be at the mercy of our carriers but assuming you don't mind flashing a ROM I'm sure that eventually there will be a TW ROM available.

If it were me choosing an S3 or S4? $79 S3 is pretty attractive especially given that the S4 isn't blowing me away. I have the S3 now and my decision is pointed more toward the Note 3/4 when my contract is up.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You cannot compare the s3 to a ford and the s4 a ferrari. More like a 2012 fiat and a 2013 fiat. No major difference just small changes

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Fiat,...seriously.....LOL. I suggest getting the latest and greatest whenever possible :D

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Fiat,...seriously.....LOL. I suggest getting the latest and greatest whenever possible :D

Lol. I dont see the s4 as the latest greatest. My comparisons to the fiat are meant to say that the s4 is not a beast of a machine. Its just another device with minor tweaks. Now if the s4 had a complete makeover with those features yeah id consider it but hell no. Im not going to add rims to my vehicle and say it's the best thing out

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

xxLiquidX

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
If you are wanting development behind your phone skip the s4.

It's just a bit better than the s3 and looks the same imo. I'd hold out for the next batch of "hero" phones or look into the HTC One.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2