picture size?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Had to lower the pixel size from 8M to 1.3M, in order to send via MMS. There is another size called VGA. Can someone tell me what it is, and is it better for sending pictures via MMS.:confused:

repligation

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Had to lower the pixel size from 8M to 1.3M, in order to send via MMS. There is another size called VGA. Can someone tell me what it is, and is it better for sending pictures via MMS.:confused:
VGA is equivalent to 0.3MP which is 640x480, yes that is what you should use for mms. Does your mms not automatically compress larger sizes though?

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
VGA is equivalent to 0.3MP which is 640x480, yes that is what you should use for mms. Does your mms not automatically compress larger sizes though?

I don't think so. As i said before, when i tried to send a picture at 8M, i got a pop-up which said that it couldn't be sent because the photo was too large. 1.3M seems to work, but i'll try VGA and see how that goes. Thanks for the help.:)

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
O.K. The problem is ChompSMS. Every photo that i try to send via mms, Chomp tells me that it's too big, and tries to compress it. "Try" is the operative word, because after waiting over ten minutes for the photo to go out, i get fed up and delete it. Maybe i'll just go back to the stock messaging app.:p

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
MMS file size is limited by the Carrier not the phone. MMS is antiquated. Best to upload to the Cloud and send a link in text.

Michael Vieux

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
O.K. The problem is ChompSMS. Every photo that i try to send via mms, Chomp tells me that it's too big, and tries to compress it. "Try" is the operative word, because after waiting over ten minutes for the photo to go out, i get fed up and delete it. Maybe i'll just go back to the stock messaging app.:p

I use Chomp without problems and I use 8mp
Go to chomp settings
Mobile carrier
MMS

I set max size to 1mb
And checked the next option, to allow it to resize

Don't know if that will help you.

When I first started using chompSMS I had some problems, they suggested I uninstall and then reinstall.
It cleared up my problems, you might try that.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I use Chomp without problems and I use 8mp
Go to chomp settings
Mobile carrier
MMS

I set max size to 1mb
And checked the next option, to allow it to resize

Don't know if that will help you.

Thanks, i'll give that a try.:)
When I first started using chompSMS I had some problems, they suggested I uninstall and then reinstall.
It cleared up my problems, you might try that.

Posted via Android Central App