"Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working"

Bosssauced

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thanks for trying to help, please, anything would make me happy. I'm really desperate for a response.

I'm at the end of my rope. I don't know what else to do, I kind of really need the back camera on my phone and I can't afford to buy a new one.

I'm running an ATT GS3 with Liquid Smooth 4.2.2, correct GAPPS and everything. This incident happened under another ROM, Illusion.

My camera started to slow down and my viewfinder would drop to ~10 FPS when taking a picture. Thought it was weird, didn't think much of it. Couple days later, I can't access it at all. I'll try accessing it through different ways like different camera apps and Snapchat, but it either closes or shows a black screen. My front camera still works, however.

I cleared dalvik, wiped everything down, and rebooted. Nothing. When I open the camera, the functions boot up and I can swipe to show options for a split second, then it's black and I get the message "Unfortunatly, Gallery has stopped.". Then I flashed back to my first Stock Touchwiz backup. Same thing. I tried a different ROM, Liquid Smooth. Same deal.

Otherwise, I've tried clearing the cache, data, force closing, disabling of the gallery app. I've removed the SD card and tried deleting everything displayed in Gallery. Nada. Still get this error.

I've tried researching this and I haven't had any sucess. Please, PLEASE help me. I'm pulling my hair out at this, I don't know how else to beg over the internet. :( ANYTHING

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It might not the actual software doing the issue but the Camera itself, now if you put it to stock and unroot etc. You could claim it on warranty providing no water damage - in some countries warranties last longer than the 1 year given to a finite time (expect life for a product of its price etc) so for a phone of the price of s3 if you were in a country you could claim warranty maybe up to 2 years. Seeing its at AT&T i dont know US law.

If your bit of a DIY person you can replace the back camera yourself for about $16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez