Why removing battery solved problem?

budgy

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Just curious: Despite tons of software bugs when I first used my Galaxy S3 4 months ago, my phone has been working flawlessly until today. I was texting my ex-girlfriend and all of a sudden my phone turned off abruptly. I tried to turn it back on but it wouldn't work. I spent 20 minutes ripping the Otterbox off and removed the battery; after 1 minute, I put the battery back on. The phone now works. Why did this fix the problem? Is this a sign of future problems?

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
it is a soft reset. Even when you power things down. Even on a restart there still is power going through the RAM and cache and stuff like that and it causes faults. It is no different than getting a BOD on windows (hopefully less often though)

I would not look at this as a sign of things to come or that something is wrong. The bits just got tangled up

budgy

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
it is a soft reset. Even when you power things down. Even on a restart there still is power going through the RAM and cache and stuff like that and it causes faults. It is no different than getting a BOD on windows (hopefully less often though)

I would not look at this as a sign of things to come or that something is wrong. The bits just got tangled up

Now I understand! Thanks for the reply. When I build my cyborg humanoid in the future, I hope these kinds of problems won't happen.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
I was texting my ex-girlfriend and all of a sudden my phone turned off abruptly.
Your phone was trying to prevent you from making any further relationship errors with your ex.

Seriously though, what was the battery level like when the phone turned off? When you finally got it to turn back on, was the battery level still about the same?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

budgy

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!Your phone was trying to prevent you from making any further relationship errors with your ex.

Seriously though, what was the battery level like when the phone turned off? When you finally got it to turn back on, was the battery level still about the same?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I only dated her because she's good looking; she's dumb as a bag of rocks.

The battery level was at 78% when it turned off. When I turned it back on, it was still at 78%. The battery life is still excellent because I deactivated the bloat-ware running when the phone is on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38