Phone won't boot

agoodman

Apr 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi!

So here's the rundown:
About a month ago I dropped my phone and the phone completely froze up. To fix it, I had to remove the battery and put it back in. Ever since that incident, the phone at random times would freeze and the only way to get it unfrozen would be to remove the battery and put it back in and reboot. It would commonly happen while I was using apps (mainly Twitter), but it could also happen when I wasn't even using it. The consistency of the freezes were quite random too. Sometimes the phone would freeze up five times in a row within a minute of rebooting the phone and sometimes the phone wouldn't freeze for a day straight. This continued until two days ago. It froze and I removed the battery to reboot it. But this time it didn't reboot. It instead stayed on a black screen that would occasionally flicker white for a few seconds. And that's where I've been for the past few days.

When I try to boot it up normally (holding the power button), I get the black screen with the occasional white flicker. Same thing with trying to boot into recovery mode (power button + home button + volume up). When I boot into "download mode" (power button + home button + volume down), it tells me that it's "Downloading... do not turn off target". It also lists in the top left corner that it's in "Odin Mode" and then lists some other things like the product name and the current binary.

I've done some searching online (despite being a bit of a tech noobie) and I found a thread from a few years ago where the story is similar to mine. A lot of the replies to that thread either say to try removing the battery again (doesn't work, tried multiple times) or to boot into recovery mode (which as I mentioned above, I can't do).

With that said, any solutions to this?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38