Waiting on AT&T for my update....Until NOW, Monday 2/24/14

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Here I sit, waiting patiently for my 4.4.2, while AT&T is playing around. Wait, as they try to figure out how to integrate their bloatware, and charge me more money, and lock me further into their device, the way they think is best. Makes me sad that they aren't even asking for my input and help. : (

The update is live, and ready for download. I have the new update, and I anticipated for the worst. Not a single complaint.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Waiting on AT&T for my update....

You will have it soon enough, I would think this coming week seeing how Sprint released the update. To me the extra few days is worth it if it means a clean update without any major issues.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site

I'm not going to update my One until a couple of weeks have gone by and I'm satisfied that there are no significant snafus with the update. Let others be the guinea pigs. Already read a post from a Sprint customer that the zoom on his camera is gone with the update.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I'm not going to update my One until a couple of weeks have gone by and I'm satisfied that there are no significant snafus with the update. Let others be the guinea pigs. Already read a post from a Sprint customer that the zoom on his camera is gone with the update.

This is usually what I do as well. This time I jumped and so far so good

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Jason Stroud1

May 20, 2013
Visit site

I read that too, but there was an update and they said that you had to pinch to zoom, so the slider is just gone.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I read that too, but there was an update and they said that you had to pinch to zoom, so the slider is just gone.

Also once you pinch to zoom the slider reappears

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

I think I will wait on the update ultimately. I've seen a few issues, with missing features.

Topdown77027

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

New message this evening at 11pm from AT&T when running software update. Instead of "you can check again in 24 hours", it tells you nothing is available now but your phone will auto check in the next 48 hours. Could mean something or they're just f___ing with us.

RebeccaCool

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

New message this evening at 11pm from AT&T when running software update. Instead of "you can check again in 24 hours", it tells you nothing is available now but your phone will auto check in the next 48 hours. Could mean something or they're just f___ing with us.

I've gotten that message a few times on my One over the past few months. I don't think it means anything. At least it hasn't for me.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

AshtonVibe

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Not for me. Mine states that my software is up to date, and I can check again in - 485 hrs and - 54 min. Try explaining THAT one, lol. Anyone wunna take I guess? I DO know as to why, but I'm not worried.