Just got my Inspire!

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
New here, been lurking for several weeks & like the site. Anyway, I just got home with my new Inspire from Costco.

BB, Sams Club & Costco all had them in stock. BB said they couldn't sell it to me until Sunday & Sams was $100 duh... Costco is $49.99, free actviation & a free assessory pack. I did go back to BB & get the Platinum case for it.

This is my first smart phone so I've got playing to do!

Shemp

Staticpunk84

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
New here, been lurking for several weeks & like the site. Anyway, I just got home with my new Inspire from Costco.

BB, Sams Club & Costco all had them in stock. BB said they couldn't sell it to me until Sunday & Sams was $100 duh... Costco is $49.99, free actviation & a free assessory pack. I did go back to BB & get the Platinum case for it.

This is my first smart phone so I've got playing to do!

Shemp

how did you manage to get one? lol and yes please tell us..Im still waiting:cool:

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Congrats!!! Please post later tonight and let us know your thoughts!!!

Thanks for the reply.

I'm coming from a “Go” phone into this with about 3 weeks research on the net so I probably can't have too many insights for you all, but ask away anyway.

So far I'm getting 3 to 5 bars of HSPA+ or whatever it is & that’s inside & out from where I bought it to home. All the carriers in my market have their “4G” networks up to their current standards & I've personally had good coverage with my ATT Go phone.

Android Ver 2.2.1
Kernel Ver 2.6.32.21
Build number 1.80.502.3
Software number same as build
Webkit 3.1

The interface is very snappy & its a very solid feeling slab of metal. The Sense GUI was a major factor for me. Very nice weight to it. The back has kind of a soft rubbery feel to it – its very slight though.

One potential detriment to me right now is that the thing is so new, there aren't any user manual downloads, ATT online tutorials or anything listed in the package out there. The Inspire is not shown on HTC's NA or world site for support. Neither does it show for support on AT&T's site. Obviously, this will change very soon but... So, I'm spending more time on the net trying to find out things than using the phone itself.

I've set up 3 email accounts very easily & new email is being pushed to it quickly, but I can't figure out how to sign into my flickr account using my gmail sign in. This is more of a flickr problem than with the phone. I created my flickr account before I had a yahoo account & its just messed up.

Joining my home wifi network was easy, but I'm wondering what the check mark under the H+ at the right top of the phone means – if I had a user manual...

The sales guy said that was a great price on the phone & completely agreed with me that this phone is basically a Thunderbolt minus the front camera, kickstand & different radios because of the different carrier & most importantly, at ? to 1/5 the price with a 2 year. He just looked around to make sure his Verizon rep wasn't around & said “That’s just Verizon for you.” These people are independent from the carriers.

Anyway, I really like it & will take it for a spin around town tomorrow.

Shemp

Last edited:

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
how did you manage to get one? lol and yes please tell us..Im still waiting:cool:

I had already been in Sam's Club & they had it on display. So, I went into BB to check if they had it & accessories yet. They had it but couldn't sell it until Sunday the 13th & they had 1 case for it. I told him to hold the case ? I'd be right back. Went to Costco & the sales guy had to look it up on the PC. He said they came in this morning & sure, he'd sale me one.

The only hiccup was once again, because the thing is so new the code for the $50 off wasn't in Costco's system yet & the phone sales guy had to get Costco to do a manual sale override or whatever.

20 minutes after leaving BB I was back in there to buy the case. These 3 stores are all within walking distance of each other. Ain't competition grand?

The phone was $58.24 out the door. The case with a $5 rewards cert was $32.46 out the door...

Shemp

Shad0w26

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Omfg :( I already pre-ordered mine at RadioShack and I'm stuck with this f*cking 50$ gift card.....

I could have bought the bought with the 50$ gift card !ahhh!

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow, only $50 at Costco!! I also belong here and this seems to good to pass up, even if it is 'older technology'. Even though my contract isn't up yet, I wonder if they can still sell it to me??

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow, only $50 at Costco!! I also belong here and this seems to good to pass up, even if it is 'older technology'. Even though my contract isn't up yet, I wonder if they can still sell it to me??

Don't know about that & yes, at this price this "older technology" is all I need. If you get good service with ATT then it's kinda hard to beat.

P.S. I see your in Charlotte. All this happened at Sycamore Commons in Matthews.

Shemp

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, I live near the I-77 Costco so I'll go by there on Monday. Hopefully they have a demo unit on display to test out.

Shempster, can you try sideloading on the device when you get a chance and let us know how well it goes. Thanks

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
The H+ stands for HSPA+ which is your "4G" network. If you don't mind and if you're in an HSPA+ network can you test the upload/download speeds on Speedtest?

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
One more question Shempster, how loud is the ringer when get an incoming call and also how loud is the speaker when watching videos or playing songs??

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The H+ stands for HSPA+ which is your "4G" network. If you don't mind and if you're in an HSPA+ network can you test the upload/download speeds on Speedtest?

Thanks & I was wondering what the big check mark below the H+ means. I downloaded the HTC Desire users guide & it doesn't mention it.

On speedtest my wifi was 6135kbps down 721kbps up & with H+ 3 bars inside my house 1776kbps down & 354kbps up. Outside with 4 bars I got 2205 down & 359 up.
Shemp

Last edited:

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Well with Costco, what if you're a month before your actual contract ends, can they do early stuff there or ATT Corporate stores only?

jpb07

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was told AT&T Corporate Stores only but if someone knows different...

Our store didn't get the Inspire in today so I was told 2pm Monday at the earliest. If Best Buy can do early renewals, I'll be there at 10am Sunday.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes it's true, picked up my inspire up at Costco, havent really had time to play with it yet..It was $79.00 w/ accesorey pack, it is only $59.00 for new ATT customers, but 79 is better then $99..Got a car charger, leather case and ear buds for the acc kit..Then to top it off I had to go to the ATT store so they could sync my contacts for me and we were talking and he checked my account and said I was eligable for a free micro cell, sweeet, as I get kinda poor service at my house..Good day today so far..

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Yes, they are giving free Micro Cells to those who live in an area where reception is poor. Is the micro cell part of a contract too?

I'm curious if Costco would let me renew if your only a year into Your contract to get the Inspire at the discounted price. I have a family plan on 3 lines and I get to upgrade every year but saving it for possibly the iPhone 5 release, may use the gf's line to do the upgrade if possible.