My phone already has a scratch on the screen

Gunnyman

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
It's all I can see now. I know the Desire HD and the Inspire are supposed to be identical, but I'm wondering if the screens are interchangeable.

I hate the idea of spending $$ to fix it already. :(

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Google 'displex' and buy a tube of that. It does wonders to repair scratches on screens. I have used it on phones and on an ex-girlfriends old projection tv. Then I would get a screen protector. Good luck!

blueluck77

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
how did you manage to scratch it? that's pretty hard to do...

I noticed a scratch on mine, the day after i got it. Its at the bottom right corner, and you can only see it when the screens off, but its obnoxious. Ive never dropped it or anything so I am assuming it was from my keys while they were in my pocket or something, even though I usually make sure they are in different pockets.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
HTC uses Gorilla Glass on most if not all of its devices (I beleive?) and it has held up well for me with zero scratches on the 3 HTC devices that I've had (never used screen protectors)

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Amzer Super Clear screen protector. $6.95 on Amazon. Works great. Get one before you scratch it (again)!

Eileen89

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
HTC uses Gorilla Glass on most if not all of its devices (I beleive?) and it has held up well for me with zero scratches on the 3 HTC devices that I've had (never used screen protectors)

HTC does not use Gorilla Glass for their screen. They use some type of silicon based glass.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Irish! It looks like you found one of the better (in my opinion) Android forums to join. I don't have an Android anymore, of course, but I enjoyed my stay here at AndroidCentral when I did.

Last edited:

greyfrog

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what kind of glass they use but it will not withstand dropping it . Mine slid out of my lap on day 3, hit the pavement and shattered.

Jascias

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
HTC does not use Gorilla Glass for their screen. They use some type of silicon based glass.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk.

I can understand the interest in the knowledge of the HTC Incredible Screen. The screen display is actually an Opaque Aluminum-Silicone Base. It is called Gorilla Glass, which is impervious to the very real threats of key scratching and localized pressure. Gorilla Glass is an unscratchable, unshatterable material used as a protective window for your mobile phone. If you have any other questions or concerns please Reply back to this email or give us a call at our HTC Technical Support Line, 1-866-449-8358. I want to thank you for contacting HTC. In order to help improve our service I’d like to invite you to take a survey at HTC Online Survey, you can also checkout HTC Online Store (US) - Free Cell Phones & Cell Phone Service for more information. HTC Technical Support HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs Site URL not found HTC | Facebook YouTube - HTC's Channel HTC (htc) on Twitter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty