Is there a kitkat 4.4 Rom for the G2 on Att?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
This will make or break my purchase for this device. Is there a stable Kitkat rom for this device other than Verizon's?

I see there's also launchers based of kitkat, What's the opinon on those? I usually use Prime, but I have a N5 and I love the look how the google launcher.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
add to the list cyanogenmod 11, its a 4.4 rom

however if you just want the look and feel of kit kat, sideload the google experience launcher along with google search... it will make your phone look and feel just like a n5 without root or a custom rom... if you need help on how to sideload or where to find them let me know

Symbianblack

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

however if you just want the look and feel of kit kat, sideload the google experience launcher along with google search... it will make your phone look and feel just like a n5 without root or a custom rom... if you need help on how to sideload or where to find them let me know
OmniROM may have it before Cyanogen

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

This is the first ive heard that this can be done. Is there an .apk I works DL? I've side loaded stuff before, but if you can give me some instructions it would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

http://phandroid.com/2013/11/14/how-to-install-google-experience-launcher-with-ok-google-command/

Is that what your talking about?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Non of them are stable, keep in mind.
When a device does not even have a stable CM, I would avoid experimenting with roms. If you need modification just root it first, wait for stable CM.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Non of them are stable, keep in mind.
When a device does not even have a stable CM, I would avoid experimenting with roms. If you need modification just root it first, wait for stable CM.

I would challenge this... I have personally installed slimkat 4.4 rom and it is rock solid. Not sure what your basis is for saying it is not stable, being that you havent flashed one yet? keep in mind most of the issues over at xda are from people who dirty flash and dont follow instructions. those forums are flooded with noobs nowadays.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've heard great things about the SlimKat ROMs. From what I've read, they definitely have to be flashed according to the instructions. Some people even flash the ROM without using the latest TWRP or CWM which causes issues too.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think SlimBean @ 4.3.1 is a good way to go. Slim has proven to be a nice ROM in my experience. I'm using it now on this Nexus 7. Is there something, particular, in 4.4 that you need?

N7

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I would challenge this... I have personally installed slimkat 4.4 rom and it is rock solid. Not sure what your basis is for saying it is not stable, being that you havent flashed one yet? keep in mind most of the issues over at xda are from people who dirty flash and dont follow instructions. those forums are flooded with noobs nowadays.

As far as I know slim kat is still in Alpha stage, I would call it far from rock solid.
Cyanogen Mod is still in nightlies, not even in release candidate.
Paranoid is in release candidate, not a stable but being RC2 it is very close.

Keep in mind, too, you are recommending an incomplete ROM that users may run into problems, the main reason I did not root is because there is still no stable version of these roms out there, and just like you said forums are flooded with newbies and I wouldn't go tell newbies to try and experiment with roms that are not complete yet. I would suggest waiting this one out, official 4.4 release is around the corner, even if it is for a different carrier or version it can be easily ported once it is released, but at this stage they are all ghetto fix which is why most of them are in alpha and not final releases, say, opposed to what's out there for Galaxy devices.

Maybe 4.3 releases are better, might consider trying those if certain features of 4.4 are not essential.

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know slim kat is still in Alpha stage, I would call it far from rock solid.
Cyanogen Mod is still in nightlies, not even in release candidate.
Paranoid is in release candidate, not a stable but being RC2 it is very close.

Keep in mind, too, you are recommending an incomplete ROM that users may run into problems, the main reason I did not root is because there is still no stable version of these roms out there, and just like you said forums are flooded with newbies and I wouldn't go tell newbies to try and experiment with roms that are not complete yet. I would suggest waiting this one out, official 4.4 release is around the corner, even if it is for a different carrier or version it can be easily ported once it is released, but at this stage they are all ghetto fix which is why most of them are in alpha and not final releases, say, opposed to what's out there for Galaxy devices.

Maybe 4.3 releases are better, might consider trying those if certain features of 4.4 are not essential.

alpha or not, it is rock solid. like i said, i am a heavy user and would have found a glitch or two by now. furthermore, even the so called offical roms have bugs. look at the stock lg rom, look at ios7, look at windows phone for heavens sake. my point is someone wanting to experience some pure vanilla android will be better off with PA 4.4 than stock LG rom... Its very easy to revert back to stock if you dont like it? or your finding bugs i didnt? id say go for it, just make a backup!

ps - don't knock it till you try it...just because you're too afraid to root! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez