factory reset wipe Root access??

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
When I factory reset my LG, SuperSU remained, and so did Root. I opened the app and in the settings is an option to allow you to permanently unroot through it. I tried that and rebooted and SuperSU was gone. Tried to run an app that required root and it said I didnt have root. So try that first..

oilhammer

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't have a custom recovery installed. I was thinking about doing that tonight and then load KK that way. Which way is the preferred method to load a new ROM? I guess if I download the rom and install it my self I will still have root access and more control.

thoughts?

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Turn your phone off completely. Plug a usb cable into it while holding the up volume button. Your phone will boot and if it says root in the little box you will not be able to ota kit kat.

I ended up going to xda and following the long but simple unroot instructions.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

Illustrator Joe

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Turn your phone off completely. Plug a usb cable into it while holding the up volume button. Your phone will boot and if it says root in the little box you will not be able to ota kit kat.

I ended up going to xda and following the long but simple unroot instructions.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

I also did the xda instructions to unroot. But I have not had the kit Kat OTA pushed to my phone yet. Did you and did it allow you to install?

ಠ益ಠ

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
After I unrooted, it installed the small pre-update (~50 MB) to prepare for kitkat. I then set my date forward a couple of days to see if it would update to KitKat, but it didn't work. Tried again today, and still no.

If I were really anxious, I might try a factory reset.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89