Joban's Kernel ICS/GB 2.6.35.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

joban

Banned
Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok here you go kernel .35! Works for both ICS and GB! This kernel is heavy for performance and if you want battery life I suggest you go with .32 kernel. The kernel also gets ride of the com.android.error and decreases the lockscreen lag! I went on stock V20f on the phoenix and noticed even on the stock there is like 2 sec lag! But on ICS with my kernel theres almost no lag! But note WIFI doesnt work and im not planning on anymore releases so just bare with that.

WARNING!!: USE ONLY WITH NEW BASEBAND! SO FIRST GET THE OFFICIAL GB UPDATE AND THEN FLASH ROM AND KERNEL

XDA ROMS: Optimus One, P500 Android Development - xda-developers
ICS: [UNOFFICIAL][DEV/GEEKS-ONLY] Cyanogenmod 9 (Android 4.0.3)[BETA3 WITH FULL HW/A] - xda-developers

Closed, reason.
GPL violation. No source code provided by Joban.

You can review these rules and more from the link below.

Forum Rules

....... DONATE HERE.......

Last edited by a moderator:

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Please release your source code so that we can get the wifi working and continue using your kernel. Or at the very least tell us what changes you make to get the kernel to work this far.

Reactions: electech

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
No idea yet not even sure whats wrong with it :) But I know if we don't have your source we have to start from scratch so better to have what you have already fixed an to have to reinvent the wheel. I have actually contacted Franco ( that builds a pretty nice kernel for the P500) in hopes that he will be willing to help get us going in the right direction. Oh and if I haven't thanked you enough thanks again for all the work you have done and I hope you manage to get some bad ass phone.

Reactions: electech

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I just tested the Oxygen Rom 2.3.2 with Joban's .35 kernel. Boots great, seems to run very smooth compared to stock gingerbread. However, no wifi obviously and even after manually enter the APN for AT&T and saving it, no data/phone service. It's a sad state of affairs because I could see quite a performance jump on that rom. I am going to test out some ICS now with the other rom that Joban posted.

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed ICS with Joban's kernel. Still no wifi, but I definitely have service with AT&T! I just made a test phone call and it works great. Also, this rom runs extremely smooth as well. Gotta say, I'm very much looking forward to having a phone that was meant for ICS. That's not happening until November, so in the meantime I will have fun with my Phoenix.
Again, Joban thanks so much for all your hard work. I really hope somehow, all of us/one of us with skillz can come up with a way to add wifi. I think I'm going to run with no wifi for a little while and see how well this ICS rom works on day to day use.

temwt2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, scratch the ICS plan. While I do have service, I jumped the gun a little as I still don't have data service. Can't live without the datas. Back to stock gingerbread.

Deathglobe

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I am and thrive user so my device hasnt gotten gingerbread yet. But is it possible to flash gingerbread from phoenix to thrive since there essentially the same phone or does it need some more reworking

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Long story short is we need to either have Joban release the source code he used or fix the kernel for us otherwise this kernel is pretty much useless to us other than as a proof of concept. If we have the source code we can see where the issue is with the wifi/3g modules and fix them. Right now we have a binary file and unless someone out there can read millions of lines of 0's and 1's and easily make sense of it we are back to square one. If we can't get his source we will have to start from scratch. I have contacted Franco who makes one of the best kernels for the P500 to see if he will give assistance (not holding my breath) if he wont help I am going to gank some of his source code and try to compile a .35 kernel for us. Be patient though its been about 10 years since I have compiled a kernel for linux so I have to relearn a lot of the process. I just got my laptop installed with Ubuntu and I still need to install and configure a lot before I'm ready to start and my time is limited, but I am going to be working on it.

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm really confused.

Do you guys really not have any data or phone service at all?

I have installed the latest CM7 nightly (#34) based on the .35 kernel on my Thrive. Along with obviously Jobans .35 kernel

I dont have wifi, but my data and phone both work. IE I can make and receive calls and I can surf the internet.

I tried Oxygen, but there was a really weird bug where the ringer wouldnt make a sound when a call came in. So I switched back to CM7.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm really confused.

Do you guys really not have any data or phone service at all?

I have installed the latest CM7 nightly (#34) based on the .35 kernel on my Thrive. Along with obviously Jobans .35 kernel

I dont have wifi, but my data and phone both work. IE I can make and receive calls and I can surf the internet.

I tried Oxygen, but there was a really weird bug where the ringer wouldnt make a sound when a call came in. So I switched back to CM7.

Personally I have not made the switch to .35 Im waiting till I can either start working on it or joban gives us more to go on. It seems to me that if you are able to get it to work on CM7 #34 then it is an issue with the ROMs and not so much the Kernel that is the problem (though it could be a little of both). Can you test some other roms on your phone and see if you get no data issue?

Also anyone out there that is having issues with the data try using the same ROM as Thrivin has to see if we can reproduce the issue.

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Neither CM7 or Oxygen have working wifi with Jobans kernel.

Most of the ROMS out there are based on CM7 (even Oxygen is partly based on it I believe)

So my guess is that it is kernel based.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't meaning Wifi I meant data (3G). I Think I know what happened to cause the wifi to not work but I need Jobans source to fix that problem. I wondered about the mobile data is it working on his kernel?

thrivin

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't meaning Wifi I meant data (3G). I Think I know what happened to cause the wifi to not work but I need Jobans source to fix that problem. I wondered about the mobile data is it working on his kernel?

Mine is. I have no problems as of yet getting internet. I also have the H symbol. So it looks like I am on 3g.

I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

donavan

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys! I made Custom ROM from LG Stock 2.3.4 with dsixda's Android Kitchen [KITCHEN] Android Kitchen, v0.188 [Linux / Mac / Windows] - xda-developers. Its my first ROM and I can't check it because of that damn fastboot error instead of recovery. If you want I can post it and the brave of you can check this out. So what?;)

If you have a custom ROM please upload it somewhere and then post it as a new thread so that people can find it. Im sure you will have a whole bunch of people trying it out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer