problem with google sign in: password not valid

sonali

May 21, 2009
Visit site
My recently-unlocked G1 can no longer sync to my Google account. The problem definitely started after unlocking and possible coincides with using a new SIM card on the Irish Vodafone network. I wasn't aware of an immediate cause-and-effect, but my memory isn't perfect.

So the phone can't sync to gmail anymore and tells me that my gmail password is not valid. After messing around with it for a day I resorted to a factory reset. However, I was then locked out of the phone completely as the start-up screen requires your google account info.

Using someone else's Vodafone SIM card I was able to create a new account from the start-up screen. But now it's having the same problem with the new account: it claims the password isn't valid.

Does anyone know what's going on here and how I can fix it? Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks for any help and input!

Sonali

Reactions: glenesis

sonali

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Update: Changed my password when signed in from a computer, and it fixed the problem.

And in case anyone googles their way to this post with problems using their G1 on the Irish Vodafone network, try these APN settings:

name: gprs-01
APN: isp.vodafone.ie
Username: Dublin
Password: Dublin

And you can give up on VOIP. At this time, none of the little Skype-lite-interface apps work on the Irish networks. At least, I've given up after bashing my head against it for a week. If anyone has better luck, let me know.

Kate#AC

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

MyLink For Outlook was just released by Wave,
Do a Google search for "Wave Global MyLink" and you will find it.
MyLink synchronazies: Contacts, E-mails, Calanders, Notes, Taskes