How many home screens are possible?

GNemes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Hubby and I each just upgraded to Note 2's. Now going through a learning curve!

Weird though ... he has 7 home screens ... I only have the possibility of 6. What the heck? Any ideas why? We have the same versions of software, model numbers, android versions, build numbers, etc.

I feel cheated! :(

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Weird though ... he has 7 home screens ... I only have the possibility of 6. What the heck? Any ideas why? We have the same versions of software, model numbers, android versions, build numbers, etc.

You should have 7, just keep hitting the + sign.

Sent from my AWESOME Note 2

GNemes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Just figured this out yesterday.

It seems that when the phones are set up that the tech (or whatever gizmo is used) is supposed to actually create 7 pages, and then add all of the bloatware that comes preinstalled on top of those seven pages. For whatever reason, I only ended up with six pages.

What we found is that by pressing a blank area of any home page, a menu pops up allowing one to add pages until seven are achieved. At that point, the option to create new pages disappears and you can edit pages, rearranging them, etc. until you get what you want as far as the order of the pages (much handier than deleting pages and then recreating them).

One thing I did find is that even though you can rearrange pages, in order to have the center page be the "home" page, i..e, the one on which you land when pressing the home button, it was necessary to delete all of the other pages, then recreate them, rearranging the pages continuously until the center page (the one with the blue checkmark) was in the middle. Then it was necessary to repopulate the new pages with the various apps & widgets until I had what I wanted. Prior to deleting all of the pages except one, even though the page with the blue checkmark was in the middle, the home button insisted on going to the fourth page instead of the third.

Anyway, it seems to be working now ... so on to figuring out what else to do with my new Note 2!

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

Yep you can have up to 7. But you can also create folders and group similiar apps together. I only have 2 home screens and have over 80 apps easily manageable on 2 screens.

Sent via Tapatalk

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
One thing I did find is that even though you can rearrange pages, in order to have the center page be the "home" page, i..e, the one on which you land when pressing the home button, it was necessary to delete all of the other pages, then recreate them, rearranging the pages continuously until the center page (the one with the blue checkmark) was in the middle. Then it was necessary to repopulate the new pages with the various apps & widgets until I had what I wanted. Prior to deleting all of the pages except one, even though the page with the blue checkmark was in the middle, the home button insisted on going to the fourth page instead of the third.

Anyway, it seems to be working now ... so on to figuring out what else to do with my new Note 2!
That sounds like a lot of work. I think I would have stuck with 6. The lack of homepages bothered me at first (we only get 5 on the GNex) until I realized the awesome App Drawer (circle with dots on the home menu) holds all your apps so if you need one, you just go there to select.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to have more than seven home screens with TouchWiz or do you have to install a third party launcher?

GNemes

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Yep you can have up to 7. But you can also create folders and group similiar apps together. I only have 2 home screens and have over 80 apps easily manageable on 2 screens.

Sent via Tapatalk
Grouping things together makes perfect sense. I just have a couple of screens with apps I use every day in business, along with several contacts that I want to one-touch dial.

Now if I could just get the voicemail indicator to do what I need and show me "who" called so I can one-touch listen to their message or dial them back, I'd be a happy camper. With the t-mobile phone I have, voicemail just dials up the vm number from where I have to listen to all of the messages to see what's there. I can see missed calls through the phone log, but that's a mess too.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know ... but I'm a bit obsessive about stuff like that. And a bit competitive around the edges. If "hubby" has it ... "I" have to have it too! ;)

It is not supposed to work like that. You can move them around and not have to delete pages and add apps back.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You touch and hold the pic of the "house" on the screen you want as your default screen. It will turn blue.

Sent from the AWESOME Note 2 of a girl :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361393302065.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361393302065.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 27

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Grouping things together makes perfect sense. I just have a couple of screens with apps I use every day in business, along with several contacts that I want to one-touch dial.

Now if I could just get the voicemail indicator to do what I need and show me "who" called so I can one-touch listen to their message or dial them back, I'd be a happy camper. With the t-mobile phone I have, voicemail just dials up the vm number from where I have to listen to all of the messages to see what's there. I can see missed calls through the phone log, but that's a mess too.
I just learned about using Google Voice for voice mail. You can listen to each message right from the phone and it "transcribes" it. Don't know if you have it for your phone, but if you do, try it. It also goes to your email, which is a bit overkill so I'll probably turn one of the notification methods off.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo