JellyBean update for T Mobile Galaxy S II?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
This is crazy...my S3 is still 4.1.1 but the S2 is getting 4.1.2. I'm starting to get upset with all this Android fragmentation crap....

Bro what company are u with because I'm certain all the gs3 has 4.1.2

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I updated mine today and it seems to be running smoothly. About time they finally released it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine today and it seems to be running smoothly. About time they finally released it.

Do you have smart stay? Or is it just happening to me? Also do you have face unlock and task manager widget?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

dobiegillis

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you have smart stay? Or is it just happening to me? Also do you have face unlock and task manager widget?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

I don't know what smart stay is. I don't actively use this phone anymore. It's my backup. I would have to check on the other features.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what smart stay is. I don't actively use this phone anymore. It's my backup. I would have to check on the other features.

Ok. Can you please check if there is widget called "active applications"? And face unlock too??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Android Central Forums

roberts68

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
updated last night. love the new look.

however, my bluetooth switch will not stay on anymore. it keeps shutting off. even when i have it connected, it will just turn off.
any ideas?

roberttk1967

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Still can't get it to update. It acts like it is updating but then sits for hours on the download screen. When that screen comes on I usually see a bar going across. I Hate Kies!!!! Sometimes it works other it doesn't. Any ideas on how to get it installed?

jnexus

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Anybody notice stuff that is missing or not working after the update? So far, my phone has been running smoothly overall. I did notice however, that the stock weather widget does not appear when I use NovaLauncher. When I switch back to TouchWiz, it appears in the widgets list and is selectable again. Switch back to NovaLauncher and the weather widget is not in the list.

Pinch to zoom with certain apps works better than on the ICS rom. Before I couldn't zoom out enough to view a whole email's width. Now I can zoom out as much as I want for the most part.

Gallery appears to be completely revamped.

Face unlock is gone.

The screen lock/unlock noise has changed.

T-Mobile reboot jingle is a much lower volume (thank goodness).

Also noticed that it erased my Tethering AP settings. It has a new default AP name, and I had to set a new password. The devices in my allowed devices list appears to be intact.

I'm not digging the gray background on the notification bar. Wish I could set it back to black.

Not sure about battery life yet as I've been playing with the phone a lot and exploring the new ROM for changes/new features.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Anybody notice stuff that is missing or not working after the update? So far, my phone has been running smoothly overall. I did notice however, that the stock weather widget does not appear when I use NovaLauncher. When I switch back to TouchWiz, it appears in the widgets list and is selectable again. Switch back to NovaLauncher and the weather widget is not in the list.

Pinch to zoom with certain apps works better than on the ICS rom. Before I couldn't zoom out enough to view a whole email's width. Now I can zoom out as much as I want for the most part.

Gallery appears to be completely revamped.

Face unlock is gone.

The screen lock/unlock noise has changed.

T-Mobile reboot jingle is a much lower volume (thank goodness).

Also noticed that it erased my Tethering AP settings. It has a new default AP name, and I had to set a new password. The devices in my allowed devices list appears to be intact.

I'm not digging the gray background on the notification bar. Wish I could set it back to black.

Not sure about battery life yet as I've been playing with the phone a lot and exploring the new ROM for changes/new features.

Yes. I did notice the face unlock feature was gone. Do you have aciltive application widget and smart stay?

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks roberts. If you have a bad battery life after updating to jelly bean, do the factory reset and then the battery life will improve. that's what I did to my phone.

LadyDi

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Polaris office is gone but I still see the viewer in my applications. I want it back or the ability to create a shortcut to the viewer which I've tried to do and can't. The app on GP is not compatible nor is the viewer there either.

I'm ok that face lock is gone, never used it. I'm still trying to get my system font right. So many to chose from.

It vibrates harder when it turns on/off. Jingle is softer - YAY!!

I'm getting some freeze ups on various applications, open or close.

The camera gave me a pop up option about changing to SD card or something while in frozen state.

I do not like the UI of the phone but the alarm UI is pretty

I'm still mad that I had to create a shortcut to Visual Voice as at one time it was in the dial pad/phone area. It would dial VV not the 800#.

I'll add more as I think of them

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Polaris office is gone but I still see the viewer in my applications. I want it back or the ability to create a shortcut to the viewer which I've tried to do and can't. The app on GP is not compatible nor is the viewer there either.

I'm ok that face lock is gone, never used it. I'm still trying to get my system font right. So many to chose from.

It vibrates harder when it turns on/off. Jingle is softer - YAY!!

I'm getting some freeze ups on various applications, open or close.

The camera gave me a pop up option about changing to SD card or something while in frozen state.

I do not like the UI of the phone but the alarm UI is pretty

I'm still mad that I had to create a shortcut to Visual Voice as at one time it was in the dial pad/phone area. It would dial VV not the 800#.

I'll add more as I think of them

Do you have active application widget? I had it in ICS.. do you have it? I'm just wondering. And do you have smart stay??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch