T-Mobile Galaxy S II - Google Play and Facebook connection errors?

MontanaAshli

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I am afraid I have encountered a problem. Last night everything was working perfectly fine. This morning my phone will not connect to Google Play (Failed connection, retry error) or facebook (no connection found). I tried using the 'https' address for fb, it didn't help. I was concerned it was a Malware issue, but I cannot download an app to wipe it out because Google Play will not connect. Other websites are working fine... HOWEVER! On my way to the computer to register here (as the page wouldn't load on my device), I tried a few other pages and found that any page that needs log in credentials (fb, yahoo, gmail, the register page for this site, my online banking app) will not connect. Now I'm super confused! I'm trying pretty hard to avoid a factory reset... but I'd love for my phone to be working again.

I have also been getting a "MAPSamsung Service has stopped" pop up error a few times a day for the past two weeks or so. Not sure if they are related.
IP Address shows unavailable???

Some info about my phone:

Samsung Galaxy S 2 SGH-T989
Android version 4.0.3
Baseband T989UVLE1
Mobile network connected

If you need any more info please let me know. Hopefully somebody can help... if so I'll be forever grateful!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty