S2 won't reset from recovery menu

lynnz5946

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought some broken s2's from eBay to replace the motherboard in mine, well one of them had an ok screen so I took another motherboard from one of the other ones and replaced it. Phone turns on, I can get into the recovery menu, but when I go down to factory reset and push the power button to accept that option, nothing happens. Same with any of the other options. I have to pull the battery to restart it. But if I start the phone normally, the power button works just fine. Does anyone know of a fix for this?? It has a lock on it so I can't reset it from the settings menu.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I bought some broken s2's from eBay to replace the motherboard in mine, well one of them had an ok screen so I took another motherboard from one of the other ones and replaced it. Phone turns on, I can get into the recovery menu, but when I go down to factory reset and push the power button to accept that option, nothing happens. Same with any of the other options. I have to pull the battery to restart it. But if I start the phone normally, the power button works just fine. Does anyone know of a fix for this?? It has a lock on it so I can't reset it from the settings menu.
If it has a lock on it not much you can do , better off taking to repair center , but then you have to ask is that phone being old worth it.

lynnz5946

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When I start it up normally it has a screen lock. I was only going to use it as an ip camera. I was able to reset the other one from the recovery menu, but for what ever reason this one won't accept any options in the menu

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I start it up normally it has a screen lock. I was only going to use it as an ip camera. I was able to reset the other one from the recovery menu, but for what ever reason this one won't accept any options in the menu
That's because it's protected by Google security .

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the version of Android on it, but since they instituted Factory Reset Protection (FRP), the only way "around" the lock screen is the password or PIN, and you have to unlock it before you can do anything else. (The phone's storage is encrypted, so you can't do a reset without unlocking the phone to decrypt storage.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87