New GS3, My Battery Life Cant Be Normal - Ideas?

Battlefaze

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm new to my galaxy s3 as well as this forum so hey :p

I got my phone two days ago and have had to charge it about 5 times since then.
My battery life is around 6 hours if I use it to mostly text, and maybe run a couple apps for a few minutes
I dont see this as normal, I hear people have amazing battery life.

Settings: WiFi off, GPS on, Bluetooth off, sync off, brightness at 25% power saving mode is even on :[

Any ideas on what may be causing this? i'll try posting a picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-21-23-11-45.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-21-23-11-45.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 28

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'd the screen on?

If you're actually using it for 6 hours it won't last

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

FBPD10

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
The battery is what it is. Expectations on battery life are not realistic. You will never get the life that you got with flip phones, just get over it

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

alm

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I found that turning off Google Now on my nexus helps a lot if you are not using it. Lucky you. Still waiting on AT&T to release the Jelly Bean update for my S3.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I suggest getting a external battery like Hyperion. I'm getting two days unsafe out of mine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Go into the app management from the settings and disable bloatware like ChatOn, S suggest, even S Voice since it has Google Now...disable any crap like that you wont use and your battery will be better. Also helps to do a couple or few charging cycles as well where you charge it up all the way and drain it completely( or close to it)