Notification "This is a group message..." won't go away

conzo427

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a constant notification from c10000@go.chat that says "This is a group message, opened SMS group..." (I can't read the rest as it cuts off). The message is coming from the Android message app. If I dismiss the notification it comes right back. I have sms disabled in the messaging app so I wouldn't think it would be doing anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to go away? The only thing I can think of is disabling the messaging app through the settings, but I fear that it will effect incoming text messages.

Thanks in advance!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a constant notification from c10000@go.chat that says "This is a group message, opened SMS group..." (I can't read the rest as it cuts off). The message is coming from the Android message app. If I dismiss the notification it comes right back. I have sms disabled in the messaging app so I wouldn't think it would be doing anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to go away? The only thing I can think of is disabling the messaging app through the settings, but I fear that it will effect incoming text messages.

Thanks in advance!

Long press the notification. It should bring up the app info button. Click it. It will bring you to the app info screen with the app in question. If it truly is the Messaging app, and you use a different app for texts, you can click the check box that says disable notifications.
However, if this is NOT the messaging app, but one that you downloaded, I would seriously consider uninstalling it.