Camera getting flash flare

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having a problem taking pics at night. It seems that I'm having a problem where at night the side that the flash outta on seems to be faded in a white color... Can anyone help with this...View attachment 20781

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk

stixzadinya

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is a known issue. If you look at the back where the flash is you'll notice that the plastic HTC decided to use is semi-transparent so the flash leaks on the right side of the picture in low light situations. There is a DIY fix for it that involves electric tape (this is how I fixed this issue). The area between the flash and camera lens, cut a thin strip of electric tape and cover that area (I had to use two strips on top of each other to stop the bleeding). On the cover, I also added one strip of electric tape between the flash holes just under the black mat thingy that goes around the camera lens. Be sure not to put the tape on that black casing for whenever you remove the electric tape you risk taking the casing off too. That's it.

To test if you still get flash bleed, put the battery cover back on the device and cover the camera with electric tape. Take a picture and if it's still black then you fixed the problem but if there's still flash bleed then remove the cover and add an extra layer of tape between the flash and camera lens.

Good luck!

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks... I'll be sure to try that tomorrow or tonight and let you know if it works.. Thanks again man...

vsnlweb

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been able to try it as yet... I need to get electric tape...

stixzadinya

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Would a well-designed case alleviate this issue?

Nope, because the issue is the semi-transparent plastic HTC used. Once you remove they battery casing you'll see what I'm talking about so regardless of whatever case you use to protect your phone, you'll have the flash glare unless you block the light coming from inside the battery case through that semi-transparent plastic.

jhowle9475

May 7, 2011
Visit site
The REAL issue is that the plastic bezil around the camera lenses has a mirror finish and it reflects the light from the flash in a ring pattern. The only real way to stop it is to take a fine point sharpie and color this ring black so it won't reflect light.

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I had the same issue with XOLO Q600s, and also read the same issue with SonyXperia, etc. I saw the flash light gazing finely between the separation of the Camera lens and the flash. So I took the cover (the metal sheet which is written 5 megapixels), put a fine thin film of black insulation tape between the camera lens and the flash, put the cover. That's it, no more glare :)
Hope this will help somebody

RgdsVijay

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo