Issue while charging?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys, I noticed this today but when I have my Sensation on the charger and I try to do stuff on it, it goes all crazy and starts opening/closing random things, I scroll up and down on something and it pinch-to-zooms in and out. The thing goes total wack job on me. Anyone else noticing this and if so, anything I can do to umm fix that?

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I tried a battery pull and now noticing quite the opposite. My phones screen now even while off the charger is now finicky and acting very strange. Everything's delayed. When I swipe left or right or either doesn't pick it up and if it does its delayed and "skips" or jumps to where I was swiping to. It's acting very odd now and considering taking it back if it doesn't get better. This will be the 2nd time taking it back and a little concerned with the longevity the device has....

FloridaPhil

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the supplied charger or an aftermarket/3rd party charger?

Since I posted last I have had more issues with recharging weirdness like you describe. But, I was using a third party charger. When I go back to the HTC charger supplied with the phone - all is okay again. I tried another third party charger and all went to crap again.

Maybe it's just coincidence. I'll monitor the situation. Just wondering if you were using the HTC charger or not.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the supplied charger or an aftermarket/3rd party charger?

Since I posted last I have had more issues with recharging weirdness like you describe. But, I was using a third party charger. When I go back to the HTC charger supplied with the phone - all is okay again. I tried another third party charger and all went to crap again.

Maybe it's just coincidence. I'll monitor the situation. Just wondering if you were using the HTC charger or not.

Using the charger that came with the phone. It used to not act strange when I'd have it on the charger but now for some reason every-single-time I have it on the charger, I cant use the device because it acts all crazy. Now, when off the charger, Im noticing the screen is finicky as well. Everythings delayed, Ill have to push stuff a couple of times before it finally reads what Im pushing, etc... getting annoying :(

FloridaPhil

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Okay, mine is completely spazzing out now. Powering the screen on and off, key presses registering totally random actions. I REALLY don't want to do a wipe since I have a lot of customization on my phone. Sigh. Unplug it and all is okay again. WTF?

Using the charger that came with the phone. It used to not act strange when I'd have it on the charger but now for some reason every-single-time I have it on the charger, I cant use the device because it acts all crazy. Now, when off the charger, Im noticing the screen is finicky as well. Everythings delayed, Ill have to push stuff a couple of times before it finally reads what Im pushing, etc... getting annoying :(

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Okay, mine is completely spazzing out now. Powering the screen on and off, key presses registering totally random actions. I REALLY don't want to do a wipe since I have a lot of customization on my phone. Sigh. Unplug it and all is okay again. WTF?

Yep yep, fun times isnt it? Not really... I took mine into the store and the guy there helping me noticed it and was wondering what its deal was. Traded it in for a new phone and so far so good but we'll see how it goes after a few days. I even wiped it a couple times and it still was acting weird.

FloridaPhil

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with T-Mobile tech support who advised this is a known issue and HTC are actively working on a software update addressing this and other issues. Let's hope they release it quickly.

Yep yep, fun times isnt it? Not really... I took mine into the store and the guy there helping me noticed it and was wondering what its deal was. Traded it in for a new phone and so far so good but we'll see how it goes after a few days. I even wiped it a couple times and it still was acting weird.

alexsbkk

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Cooper, same thing here. Did a battery pull and now it's ok, but this is not right and it ain't making any sense. Everything is original from the box, charger AND cable. What's the problem? Anyway, can't wait for the iPhone 5 to be released, hope that'll be soon, otherwise I might just switch back to iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S if they fix their issues. tried the Android stuff and I kinda had enough.

I had my Android for almost 3 weeks now and I really think that the jailbraked iPhone 4 I had was 1000x times better than this joke...hope I might get to change my mind, but so far the Android doesn't come anywhere near that iPhone quality