i'm getting email notifications from both the Android mail server and the gmail app

barbazza

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I only have one email coming to my Sensation. It is a gmail account. When a new email is sent to my gmail account I get a notification from both the email app that is a part of the operating system and I get a notification from the gmail app. It is pretty annoying and I can't find where to tell the gmail app to bug off. Should I just delete the gmail app?:-$

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
Go to the Gmail app and then More > Settings
Select the "Enable Notifications" option to disable notifications.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I only have one email coming to my Sensation. It is a gmail account. When a new email is sent to my gmail account I get a notification from both the email app that is a part of the operating system and I get a notification from the gmail app. It is pretty annoying and I can't find where to tell the gmail app to bug off. Should I just delete the gmail app?:-$

Wait. Do you have your gmail set up under HTC's Mail app too? You don't really need to do it that way, unless you find HTC's app better for your needs.

barbazza

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
thank you thank you thank you

i didn't even see that "enable notifications" option in there....and i went looking too. i like the HTC email app so far. if i change my mind its nice to know i can switch back to the gmail app. the G1 i just switched from didn't have a decent email client and i like the one installed on the phone better so far.

have a good one folks.

nox

Retired Super Moderator
Jan 15, 2010
www.AndroidCentral.com
For gmail would be the gmail app. Hands down. As for hotmail, I believe they have a app in the Market as well, otherwise I would use the app that came with the phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch