T-Mobile Sensation MIA HTC Apps - Reader, Car Panel Mode, others?

kevsteele

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, it seems that some of the apps mentioned in Sensation reviews for the British version of the phone are missing in the T-Mobile version.

Two notable omissions:

HTC Reader (the "My Shelf" widget is there, but no accompanying HTC Reader app!)
Car Panel Mode (simplifies input to big buttons for GPS, Phone, and Music)

It wasn't until someone pointed me to the lock screen customization that I found the "Dock Mode" app, as the only place it shows up is in the lock screen app selection.

Any other standard HTC apps that have gone missing for the T-Mobile version? Any hope of restoring them?

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You know what's funny? That we don't have Doc Mode in app drawer, but if you tap on search button and type in "Dock Mode", the app pops up. WTH????

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay, it seems that some of the apps mentioned in Sensation reviews for the British version of the phone are missing in the T-Mobile version.

Two notable omissions:

HTC Reader (the "My Shelf" widget is there, but no accompanying HTC Reader app!)
Car Panel Mode (simplifies input to big buttons for GPS, Phone, and Music)

It wasn't until someone pointed me to the lock screen customization that I found the "Dock Mode" app, as the only place it shows up is in the lock screen app selection.

Any other standard HTC apps that have gone missing for the T-Mobile version? Any hope of restoring them?

The car dock is so they can sell car cradles. You can still activate it by magnet on the back though.

Readers weird though. The widgets there and it leads to nothing. Just totally odd. It's probably a licensing issue so they can't have it on US sensations.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

kevsteele

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
The car dock is so they can sell car cradles. You can still activate it by magnet on the back though.

Intriguing - I tried waving a small magnet around the back and sides of my Sensation, but nothing activated. Have you tried it yourself? Is there any "special spot" that triggers the Car Panel?

YoSaintLaurent

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: T-Mobile Sensation MIA HTC Apps - Reader, Car Panel Mode, oth

I talked to someone from HTC about the Reader app and the My Shelf widget that does nothing and the rep was just as confused about that as I was. The supervisor said that Kobo would work with the My Shelf widget but it doesn't.

fasst27

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Take a look in the Scene customization menu, I've noticed there is an app in the screen shots that is called "Locations", but is not on the phone.

After watching YouTube, I think this app may have been competition to the TelNav bloatware app, thus was deleted.

sadico

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I extracted the car launcher and car app from a nexus one gingerbread Rom and install them both it work for me, maybe it'll work for the the other apps tried getting them out of a sense gingerbread Rom

kevsteele

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

I extracted the car launcher and car app from a nexus one gingerbread Rom and install them both it work for me, maybe it'll work for the the other apps tried getting them out of a sense gingerbread Rom

Any chance of a download link for those apps?

kevsteele

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, it's working great. Can we have the desk mode now? :D

Desk mode ("Dock Mode") is already there, just hidden. To find it, either search for "Dock Mode" on your phone, or select it to be one of your 4 lock screen apps (select a lock screen, then click on Settings to customize the lock apps)

Don't know why they felt they had to hide it away...

danperde

Not quite a noob
Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

Desk mode ("Dock Mode") is already there, just hidden. To find it, either search for "Dock Mode" on your phone, or select it to be one of your 4 lock screen apps (select a lock screen, then click on Settings to customize the lock apps)

Don't know why they felt they had to hide it away...

I know it's there, look at my post up top, I was aiming for a Dock Mode launcher in the app's drawer.

mrrobotanger

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks sooo much for the links to car mode!! I really missed that from my of droid. Btw, in case anyone was wondering, the evo 4g car mount fits the sensation just about perfectly.

OberonSnowcat

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well on the Canadian Bell version of the Sensation as far as I can tell It's running pretty well the same software as the international version. That means I have Locations and HTC Reader.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

spaided

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I actually had downloaded an app that was essentially a shortcut to the desk mode... I thought it was "Dock Mode" but i cannot find it anymore... If anyone had it, it would be sweet!