So tell me about Negri..

Rogers.b86

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I am an at&t customer and I want to buy a Nexus S. What do I need to know about Negri before purchasing from there? I am new to this, but is there any potential drawbacks to using a nexus S on at&t service? Thanks in advance!

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Honestly man, I would wait a little bit longer and see if they make an official announcement from samsung or at&t. It might end up with more stuff like H+ or something. I have heard the updates don't make it to the version being sold on negri, but I am not for sure. Trust me though, I came so close to ordering one on wednesday but i figured i would wait it out a little longer since i saw the leaked page.

moe3754

May 17, 2011
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with Negri Electronics, I got my White one from them last Friday and it works great. I also have a Square Trade warranty for it because it is not covered by Samsung USA because it is a Canadian phone, all of this stuff about the Nexus S and AT&T is just that garbage, there is no proof what so ever that this phone will ever make it to AT&T just because it has the 850/1900 bands in it. As for the updates that is the most unbelieveable load of Garbage I have ever heard, WHY would they not get updates?? It is a Google Phone is it not??? They have not released updates because they have not gotten to the 850/1900 band phones yet, all that has been updated is the AWS band phones from T-mobile!!!! Maybe do a little research before posting???

omgabunny

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i bought mine from a dealer on ebay based out of miami, i'm in savannah georgia. ordered it thursday and got it saturday free shipping. price was about $560

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey, I am not saying it doesn't get the updates, its just something i heard. I personally do not know, i said that so maybe someone could ellaborate on it. I'm not going to sit back and take stuff from someone though. Sorry that I don't know as much as you do.

pingpongitore

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
The 2.3.4 update hit today for the nexus s I9020A, it did take a little while longer, couple weeks maybe, but it works perfectly. I too bought my Nexus S from Negri and have nothing but praise for them. I don't think we are going to see a magical AT&T branded Nexus S with H+ because the only FCC filings for one compatible with AT&T's network is the one I have in my hand

[GUIDE] 2.3.4 OTA - Variants and their links - i9020A ARRIVED! - xda-developers

cajuncartfan

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
The 2.3.4 update hit today for the nexus s I9020A, it did take a little while longer, couple weeks maybe, but it works perfectly. I too bought my Nexus S from Negri and have nothing but praise for them. I don't think we are going to see a magical AT&T branded Nexus S with H+ because the only FCC filings for one compatible with AT&T's network is the one I have in my hand

[GUIDE] 2.3.4 OTA - Variants and their links - i9020A ARRIVED! - xda-developers

Just installed!

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I've ordered two or three devices from Negri, so as a seller, they're a perfectly acceptable source to purchase phones from. The I9020A is different from the I9020T, so the update just took a little longer to arrive. My T-Mobile Nexus S if is my favorite device that I've had, and I have a pretty extensive list of previous phones. Do it. You won't regret the Nexus S.

defdrums

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I was also looking into purchasing this phone from Negri. You guys who already got one how would you rate the hardware? Is it good quality with the white backing?

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If there isn't an official word from at&t very soon (if there is going to be an official word) i think i will opt for the version from Negri

anon99128

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I returned mine

Mine had a serious overheating and battery loss issue. I am returning it. And funny thing is, its now discontinued. Thankfully my girlfriend lives in Canada til December and is bringing me a Rogers model home :D

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So i am actually still kind of confused haha was the white one that worked on at&t bands just an unlocked Rogers model?

font1975

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I would think all Nexus S's should be unlocked, especially if the model number is i9020A. All the "Rogers" model means is that it has the 850/1900/2100 HSPA radio...

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Okay I got ya. I believe if it is going to be announced with at&t it would be pretty soon because it would be pointless to wait to long especially since there will most likely be a new nexus device announced later this year.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I just got my white Nexus S from Negri a few days ago and haven't had any problems with it all.

Great device, and damn the white sure does look good, even next to my white i4.. Lastly, had no problem with getting the update a day or two ago. Everything works great.

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
You guys have talked me into it. I am thinking about ordering the black unlocked version from negri, has anyone heard anything about the black one? Also, since i have the micro sim, will the sim adaptor from amazon work with the nexus s?

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
You guys have talked me into it. I am thinking about ordering the black unlocked version from negri, has anyone heard anything about the black one? Also, since i have the micro sim, will the sim adaptor from amazon work with the nexus s?

Not sure about the black, and also not sure about the sim adaptor from Amazon.

However, I do know the SIM adapter that Negri sells for $6 works well as that is what I bought along with my Nexus S..

cody_21

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about the black, and also not sure about the sim adaptor from Amazon.

However, I do know the SIM adapter that Negri sells for $6 works well as that is what I bought along with my Nexus S..

Where did you find the SIM adapter at from Negri? I looked and couldnt find it

cracktight

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
att bands

for those that want a nexus s with att bands , the nexus s are everywhere in canada and they range from 425- 549 off cell ontract can be purchased at BB or FS rogers/fido are the same bands as att

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty