Official T-Mobile roms vs unofficial alternatives

Which rom do you use and why?

• Total voters

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Many of you know that the Optimus T (P509) is capable of running any Optimus One (P500) rom designed for the old baseband.

So, how many of you prefer the official T-Mobile Froyo to the unofficial alternatives available and why?

Example of T-Mobile roms:
  • NuDroid
  • Ubuntdroid
  • Anything made from an official T-Mobile (P509) Froyo rom

Example of official P500 roms:
  • OpenOptimus
  • devoid froyo
  • Anything made from an official LG P500 Froyo rom

Unofficial alternatives:
  • CyanogenMod 7 (including all the themed versions available)
  • Phoenix
  • Oxygen
  • AOSP

lyrebird

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed my wife's optimus t to CM7.

what is "baseband"? Is it the frequency your phone uses to transmit and receive signals? like the 1700mhz/2100 mhz used by tmobile?

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed my wife's optimus t to CM7.

what is "baseband"? Is it the frequency your phone uses to transmit and receive signals? like the 1700mhz/2100 mhz used by tmobile?

The new baseband was included with the official LG Gingerbread release for the Optimus One. Since we Optimus T owners never received an official Gingerbread update we are bound to roms that use the old baseband (included with Froyo 2.2 - 2.2.2)

The term baseband includes the gprs, quad band GSM and 3g bands, etc. The 3g band is where the Optimus T and Optimus One differ. Opt T uses 1700 spectrum and the O1 doesn't. So if we used a baseband from an Optimus One we'd be limited to half the available 3g antennas.

Currently all unofficial alternatives utilize the old/Froyo baseband :D

Last edited: