[Custom Recovery] Optimus T/ T-Mobile

milestide25

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
help?

can somebody help me? i don't really understand how to do any of the shell commands or anything like that. if it can be explained, i can understand it. i've never done any of it before, but i catch on really quickly to most things technical.

el.rafael

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
can somebody help me? i don't really understand how to do any of the shell commands or anything like that. if it can be explained, i can understand it. i've never done any of it before, but i catch on really quickly to most things technical.

Right click on my computer.

Select properties, then select advanced system settings.

In bottom of the new window, select Enviroment Variables.

Under System Variables, select New.

Under Variable Name: type "adb"

Under Variable Value: type the address for the folder that contains the adb (Mine is C:\android\platform-tools)

Once this is completed, make sure you have all those attached files already on the root of your SD card.

In your phone, go to settings/application/development and enable Debugging!!

Then open up Command console in your Windows 7 or xp by going to start menu and in search bar type CMD.

Now from this point on you are just using this CMD (big black window) to instruct your computer to find the ADB and use it to install the custom recovery into your phone.

Follow the list of commands on the front page exactly as written. It will take you several attempts and cups of coffee :D

Good luck,
Jorge

Reactions: 70challenger

Kodeen

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
After copying the files to my sd card, I didn't even use the computer. Just installed a terminal emulator app and ran the commands directly on the phone, worked great.

Great work, drellisdee!

quailallstar

Jan 13, 2011
www.volkswagen.de
Hi guys I need your help please :(

I bricked my LG Optimus T P509 and it is stuck on the LG splash screen. I also cant seem to get into recovery mode. I somehow got into this yellow screen that says EMERGENCY MODE!!!

What do I do? I'm looking to somehow flash back to the stock T-mobile rom.

mar11974

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Will using KDZ_FW_UPD with original V10L KDZ file restore the Factory Recovery and System even after installing the Custom Recovery (is factory recovery included in the V10L KDZ?)?

cognus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
i had not posted previously on this 'cause I'm a 'droid novice. pretty handy with the windows n...

Can I ask a really dumb question? if I am using a good program like Titanium for defensive backups and restores, why do I need a "Custom" Recovery?

nmb

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
A recovery image is like a mini operating system that allows your phone to recover from operating system problems (commonly it provides a clean reinstall). A custom recovery image lets you do things that the stock recovery image won't like flashing other ROMs and making complete NAND backups.

pmlong

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
First off just wanna thank all you guys out there getting the Optimus dev community up and running, d-rizzle, kSmith, Beezy, J Mother... kinda sounds like an android rap group, we all appreciate your time and effort.

Main question is how do we go about reflashing the stock recovery if need be?
Just change the last line of code to the correct name?

I'm trying to make time to learn ADB but until then I'm on the dangerous crash course of guess and check. Long story short, I had the recovery up and running great, then realized uninstalling things in titanium completely gets rid of them even after a factory reset, (or is it because I wiped too much in the recovery?). Next thing, I find the stock V10L_00.kdz file and tried to flash it using the KDZ Updater and ended up with a completely non-responsive phone that won't turn on or even connect to a computer. Is this because I needed the stock recovery on there to flash the kdz?

Thanks again guys.

Oh yea, I have a replacement Opt T on the way from Tmo with free 3 day shipping. Gotta love Tmobile
Where are you learning how to use ADB? Also, mm how did you get tmobile to send you a new phone.. lol.. I downloaded a rom with rom manager and it never finished downloading and all of asdudden i look at my phone and it will not get off of the LG splash screen. I dont know what to do. Any help and advice would be great! Thanks!!

ichihollow

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Where are you learning how to use ADB? Also, mm how did you get tmobile to send you a new phone.. lol.. I downloaded a rom with rom manager and it never finished downloading and all of asdudden i look at my phone and it will not get off of the LG splash screen. I dont know what to do. Any help and advice would be great! Thanks!!

since no one replied, rom manager only works with clockwork mod recoveries, it says it in rom manager you should have been reading it instead of just plugging away at random buttons. this brings up two points

IF you are using a cwm recovery then this is not the right thread to be asking for help.

IF you are not using a cwm recovery, this is still not the right place to be asking for help, HOWEVER, i would try shutting the phone completely off, pull battery if needed. press and hold what every your buttons are to boot into recovery mode and wipe data/factory reset. You'll have to root again, and this time read everything before you do anything.

ADB: Google the android sdk, download and install it on your computer, i HIGHLY recommend changing the install directory to c:/Android/, you'll need also need the JAVA SDK, and you can get that from java.com or by googleing 'java sdk'. Both are free and open source.

before starting on getting a custom recovery you need to check out how to root your T, im using an S so i cant help you with this, or which buttons are needed to access recovery. I've heard the z4root works for the T if it does great, you can find that by googleing 'z4root xdz' and it should be the very first result, the link should take you to the developer's post on the xda forums where you can download z4root and if you so decide to donate to them you'll be able to from there. There is an ADB rooting guide here which i recommend as it will give you some time in adb and you can start to learn how to use it.

AFTER your rooted you can install the recovery found on this thread.

ailurophile

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, guys! When I click on the Optimus T Test Recovery link up there, I get a 404 error! Way to keep your links up-to-date! Guys like me who are rooting for the first time, and finding about 10,000 methods that don't work, really appreciate the fine job you're doing making sure we get accurate and timely information to guide us.
What do I do now?
- Lost in the Ether

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress