new email stuck in notification bar

soapy123

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
:confused:

I have a samsung vibrant and use K-9 mail, not google gmail, or any other email accounts.

Yesterday I downloaded some new apps and also made some changes (don't remember what the changes I made, unfortunately).

Now, all of a sudden, 17 emails are showing in the navigation bar.

When the polling takes place I can see that it says, "checking mail, Support Trash"

When I open the nav bar it says, "15 unread (null)
support: scratch

When I press the above to open it, it brings me to a blank page where it tells me when the next poll will be.

BTW, Support is the name of my email account, so don't get confused with that.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with this?

thanks! :confused:

NEST600

Jul 29, 2010
twitter.com
If you're rooted and familiar with ADB you can take a closer look at the database but if you're looking for a quick fix I'd start with uninstalling K-9, making sure the Samsung client has no accounts configured, and reinstalling K-9. Or Maildroid.

I had a similar problem when using the Samsung email client and only deleting the application data and removing the account fixed it. -Pk

soapy123

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Email stuck in notification bar

Hey. I don't think I ever got back to you. Wanted to let you know that your suggestion DID work.

I uninstalled K-9 mail, then re-installed it and all is well. Thanks

If you're rooted and familiar with ADB you can take a closer look at the database but if you're looking for a quick fix I'd start with uninstalling K-9, making sure the Samsung client has no accounts configured, and reinstalling K-9. Or Maildroid.

I had a similar problem when using the Samsung email client and only deleting the application data and removing the account fixed it. -Pk