Damaged Phone. Tmobile Claim. Help?

LGG2vsG3

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a LG G2 with tmobile but i dropped it last month & completely blacked out the screen. I had a Prism II lying around so I took my SIM card from the LG G2& put in the Prism & have been using the Prism ever since. My husband finally decides that he will pay the deductible for a replacement LG G2 now so we went to tmobile to place a claim but we were told that I cant place a claim bcus the tmobile system is picking up info for my Prism II and not my LG G2 bcus Ive been using it instead. My question to you guys is how long will it take for Tmobiles system to pick up my LG G2 info if i simply place the SIM card back into it & leave it so that I can file my claim?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It depends on system activity, tower activity and some things human beings can't comprehend (like how the sales rep feels that day). Try 2 weeks. Put the SIM into the G2, plug in the charger, turn on the G2 and leave it.

palandri

Apr 30, 2009
Visit site
I thought T-Mobile used a 3rd party for phone insurance? I can't see what difference it would make if you were using the SIM card in a different phone when the LG G2 was broken. I've read about people getting great help from T-Mobile on Twitter.

Just my 2 cents

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought T-Mobile used a 3rd party for phone insurance? I can't see what difference it would make if you were using the SIM card in a different phone when the LG G2 was broken. I've read about people getting great help from T-Mobile on Twitter.

Just my 2 cents
It's because the insurance follows the line not the phone. So only the active phone on the line is covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non