How fast is T-Mobile at pushing out phone updates?

falc39

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I am considering switching to T-Mobile in the near future and if I do, I will have to make the decision to buy a global unlocked phone without carrier bloatware or get a T-Mobile branded phone and live with the extra delay in updates pushed from the carrier.

I am wondering for those who know, what is tmobiles track record for pushing out updates quickly once they receive it from the phone manufacturer? Is it comparable to other US carriers? When the new android M comes out, how much longer should one expect to wait to get the update from T-Mobile as opposed to someone who has a global phone and just has to wait for the update from the manufacturer?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They are pretty good .. Nothing amazing though. No carrier is super fast .. as in Nexus update fast.

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
If you plan on using wi-fi calling, you need a tmo phone.

As for updates. . I WOULD NEVER JUMP ON A TMO UPDATE until it has been out for sometime and is proven to actually work.

I have 3 phones that can barely make a call without rebooting thanks to tmo updates.

ALWAYS WAIT.

Posted via the Android Central

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
They are pretty good about releasing updates to their network. The wait comes for the update to get pushed to your devices. I usually end up side loading an OTA as soon as it becomes available and I've had no issues with wifi calling after that update.

falc39

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I went with the tmobile version phone. Figured I'll give them at least one chance. The fact that they pushed their galaxy s6 5.1 update faster than the international s6 was a good sign. I did not like reading about them pushing out the last G4 update without allowing the user to choose when to do it...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana