PSA: T-Mobile Binge On -- Now Active for Current Customers (Turn off Instructions Inside)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that Binge On was activated on my two lines (I am on the 2 line/$100 deal for unlimited everything) so I went in and shut it off for my lines. If you have unlimited and do not want your videos to be taken down you can turn this off as well.

The instructions are below.

Attachments

• tmo.jpg
    tmo.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 158

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If BingeOn is activated videos from the services they support will be streamed at 480P.

You might want to edit your OP to something like "taken down [downgraded may be a better word] in resolution/quality." When I re-read it, I understood the confusion :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering what the catch was gonna be. I had a feeling unlimited Netflix streaming would be too good to be true.

It was announced at the event that if you have it on to bypass data it would be optimized for a mobile screen at 480P. While not the best quality it isn't horrid (like if you put that on a big HD TV).

markst

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
If you have unlimited data and have binge turned on, then you get 480p and a free VUDU rental per line a month. If you have binge turned off then you get 1080p and no free VUDU movie. Mine is turned off....

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm on the $30 plan and I tried to activate the service through the website but the next button wasn't working. So I tried to add it through the T-Mobile app and it was called something like 'bingeon disable'. I added it anyways so now bingeon appears no where on my account. Maybe it'll be fixed for me Thursday when it was supposed to be officially released for current customers on the old plans.

Posted via the Android Central App from my VZW Nexus 6 on T-Mobile

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the $30 plan and I tried to activate the service through the website but the next button wasn't working. So I tried to add it through the T-Mobile app and it was called something like 'bingeon disable'. I added it anyways so now bingeon appears no where on my account. Maybe it'll be fixed for me Thursday when it was supposed to be officially released for current customers on the old plans.

I would contact them if you want it on. If you did the "Disable BingeOn" or whichever from the app that means it was removed.

jerethi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
BingeOn can be disabled under the "profile" menu through My T-Mobile. I believe it's under the media settings/options submenu.

Posted via the Android Central App

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I would contact them if you want it on. If you did the "Disable BingeOn" or whichever from the app that means it was removed.

They told me it should be available to me on the 19th.

vepac

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I contacted support yesterday and subscribed to Netflix and it looks like it works 👍

alejovh1#AC

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
No, I live in Portland Oregon. Their service where I live and work is solid. Better than att and Verizon. It took about an hour for my video streaming to go back to normal. I should mention, even YouTube was affected with that feature. It would take forever to buffer. After they removed the feature, I can stream 1440 with no lag or pause on my note 5.

jcampbell1070

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
No, I live in Portland Oregon. Their service where I live and work is solid. Better than att and Verizon. It took about an hour for my video streaming to go back to normal. I should mention, even YouTube was affected with that feature. It would take forever to buffer. After they removed the feature, I can stream 1440 with no lag or pause on my note 5.

I had the same issue with youtube buffering.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non