911 ghost calls from T-Mobile phones in Dallas

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yup,, im in Dallas and its been on the news for over a month now. But its gaining national attention now that deaths are associated with it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Personal feelings for T-Mobile and Legere aside, that is horrible.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Latest posts on Reddit says it was not T-Mobile at fault.

Instead it was people calling and having a long hold time. Then hanging up which causes 911 to call them back. Which in turn causes longer hold times for new calls

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Latest posts on Reddit says it was not T-Mobile at fault.

Instead it was people calling and having a long hold time. Then hanging up which causes 911 to call them back. Which in turn causes longer hold times for new calls

Posted via the Android Central App
That seems like something that wouldn't take over a month to figure out. And then why the finger pointing at TMobile? Why aren't other carriers in the mix?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
There is a known issue with TMO users calling into Dallas 911 and after they hang up ghost calls are happening. The system is registering them calling 911 again even though they are not. This was happening on a large scale at one time causing 300+ ghost calls to hit the system causing the huge back log.
Each ghost call then requires the 911 call takers to call them back to verify if there is an emergency.
That is how TMO is being involved in this.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
This made the national news yesterday morning. I saw this story on CBS This Morning yesterday and I was flabbergasted! I hope T-Mobile figures out the issue and fixes it ASAP!