No longer can set mp3's as ringtones

Primed4nexus

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had my nexus S for a week now and was doin just fine until today..
I had added a couple of custom ringtones through USB mode, mp3's went into the music app no problem, I then set them a my ringtone and notification tones. so far so good. then today out of the blue ( havent played w/ any settings or connected the phone to my pc) the ringtones are gone, i plugged the phone to my pc to put them back on the phone, the custom ringtones showed up again in music app just fine, they played just fine but it would not give me the option to set as ringtone. i eventually got the mp3's to show up on the list of ringtones to choose from but the file doesnt play. and now when i turn off usb mode and click on eject disk, it does not eject IDK what is going on... im running an ATT nexus S 3g running on 2.3.4 (unrooted) DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WHAT IS GOING ON W/ MY NEXUS???????

jxbravo

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Did you download the new Google Music app? if so thats ur problem only the stock music app the nexus came with can set ur songs as ringtones the new one lost the capability since the Google Music beta app came out
either way dont worry download any ringtone maker app from the market that you like and you might even like them better than what the stock music app ringtone function did :D