new Note 3 user My take so far

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
This device finally tempted me enough to go grab one from AT&T. I have had the device a few days now and it's quite good.
I was a bit worried because it seems a lot of people were having many various issues, wi-fi, poor reception etc.
So far I haven't experienced Any issues on these boards.
Wi-fi: perfect and strong. Doesn't drop out and I didn't change any settings out of the box.
Reception is as good as my iPhone 5 (was), my Moto X (still have).
LTE connection is stable and fast.
Battery life is "good" hard to tell since its new, I haven't put the thing down for more than 2 seconds yet.
And, I run every phone I get at 100% brightness. (standard setting, adaptive and auto brightness and auto Tone all OFF.

After having the Moto X, I can see why some people love TW and why other can Hate TW. I love it and hate it equally.

I do miss the active display on the Moto X a bit, but overall, this is one awesome device.
I have had the phone stutter/hitch a little here and there (part of the reason for my TW hate). The hitching is not bad, waaaaaay better than S4.

I was thinking that as large as this device was I wouldn't be able to text one handed. (hate the one handed feature baked into TW)
It's really easy. I can easily swipe my messages on the default keyboard with no issues.

Great device. I can't say I am blown away, but I can't find anything to dislike (other than bloat and some TW features)
There is no other phone like it out there. The s-pen and large display sets it apart from the pack.

I am going to use the device exclusively for the next 10 days and decide on keeping it.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
It truly is a great device. Updates should make the device even better though. I have become very reliant on the s-pen. I use it more for text input than any other method. Having such a large screen is a definite plus.It seems as though I'm finding out new stuff with my Note all the time. Battery life has been great. I truly don't have any complaints. I bought the s-view flip case and it just adds to the functionality. Samsung really did a great job with this device. I do have a wobbly home button but it hasn't been an issue. The play in the button is so slight that it is hardly noticeable.

Scribbled on my Note 3, baddest smartphone on the planet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch