Weird Anonymous Text

stephfsch2013

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Today I had in my list of messages a text from "Anonymous" when I opened it, it was blank. No text, and no sender. Not even a random 5 digit number like the signup ones. So I assumed it was a "draft" that had auto saved. So I backed up and was in List of messages, I held finger on it, then selected to delete that message. It deleted ALL of my texts. Very strange, this also happened to my friend on same phone a few weeks ago. I am not Rooted, am using stock messages, and Nova Launcher Prime. Never had this issue before. I need to know how to restore these texts back to my phone. In my settings I show that I am backing up to my Gmail account but how do I get the texts restored to phone?
I did find, Dr Fone for Android, bought it (stupidly) it scanned the phone, then says oh have to be rooted. I honestly didn't see that before I purchased.

thanks for your help.

jadoti

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Any luck with this?

I just started getting the same issue, the anonymous texts.

They both started happening the same day (but after) I switched from a normal AT&T account to a shared data one, and also purchased a Gear 2 watch. Those are the two major things that changed, and I'm using an S5, if any are similar to your situation.

Mike

ddutler

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Think it's related to getting group text from iPhone user. I get them only when swapping certain texts with daughter with iPhone

Posted via the Android Central App

SM496

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I have been receiving this as well. I'm on AT&T and using the LG G3. I get them from group messages. Regardless of the person who sent them and their device or carrier. I contacted AT&T and have replaced my phone 3 times. AT&T just contacted me today and they're blaming Google/Android and LG. They say they are waiting on an update for the messaging app from LG & Android. I think it's an AT&T issue. They refuse to take the blame. It's extremely annoying. I'm paying for service that I'm not getting. It's a back and forth issue. I can't win. Is anyone else having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

spn67

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I just started having this problem today. I got it immediately following a group message sent from someone using an iPhone. I don't know that it matters that they were on an iPhone or that they were using AT&T and half of the group uses Verizon (I use AT&T as well). I received multiple anonymous messages with messages that couldn't be found. It's definitely not an LG problem since I have a Samsung Galaxy S4.

sohaney72

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I too have see this, and I have seen it in group text message conversations with both iPhone users and Android users. This type of quirky "unsolvable" stuff is the crap that makes me want to go back to iCrap sometimes.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I think I've seen it also. I've received several messages, from this forum (!), where the text is a single "1".
Makes me think some malicious messaging is being done.
If there's a Mod following this discussion - something should be done about this!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87