Galaxy S4 Camera Vertical banding issue

cyclejim

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Welp after thinking my S4 was perfect I ran into an issue today. When shooting pictures with predominately white backgrounds, if I touch to focus between several items I sometimes get 4 light, yet distinct vertical light brown colored bands that run from the top to the bottom of the screen. When this happens, if I capture the picture, the bands also appear in the captured photo. If you want to try this on yours, take a piece of white or light colored paper and write some text on it in different areas of the paper to focus on. Touch to focus on the various items back and forth several times. The bands will appear all of a sudden and are pretty obvious. Usually within a few tries I can duplicate the issue consistently.

The funny thing is I didnt notice it until I changed the default resolution from 16:9 6 MP to 4:3 13 MP, but I am thinking it was there all along and I just didnt run across it because I dont take many photos under these conditions. I would be curious to hear if anyone else has this issue. I did root my phone recently, but didnt install a ROM yet, so I doubt this is the reason for the issue.

Thanks!

Last edited:

str8bucs

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem with mine as well and a purple haze around the bottom of the screen, lucky enough I was still in the 14 day return period so AT&T changed it out. It really showed any time using the browser or very light backgrounds

cyclejim

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey there I did the same thing as you did I just got my new phone 2 or 3 days ago and so far it seems perfect! thanks for the reply!

cyclejim

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem with mine as well and a purple haze around the bottom of the screen, lucky enough I was still in the 14 day return period so AT&T changed it out. It really showed any time using the browser or very light backgrounds
Received my replacement about a week ago. The new one does the same exact thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non