AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 - Hangouts and SMS

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I am using it right now. I love the concept because it let's me have the people I video chat, IM, and text all in one space. It also has all those emojis.

Unfortunately it is pretty laggy on the s4 and is missing a ton of SMS features, but I am sticking with it. Hoping Google will fix the problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Greg Riegler

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I used it a few times. Seems to get laggy trying to select attachments or open links. But there doesn't seem to be support for MMS, at least I can't get it to work. Just says sending for a long time then gives me the option to resend. You can send MMS to non-cell numbers like google+ contacts via the hangouts. But in 4.4 KitKat i hear its better integrated with the messaging app, and is a good replacement.

anon(146480)

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
MMS, both sending and receiving, work for me (AT&T). I like it. Anything that helps me consolidate is a good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
MMS, both sending and receiving, work for me (AT&T). I like it. Anything that helps me consolidate is a good thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yeah MMS is working for me. As long as I prevent the app from closing it seems to run decent now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
The one thing that I like about the stock one is when you put the phone up to your ear it dials the number for you. Hangouts doesn't do this.