WHAT? Just phone service not allowed?

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Ahhh... very interesting, thank you! And I see you using a Note 3, so I wouldn't see any reason why I couldn't do the same with an iphone 4. Cool... seems like this is another option.

I've been thinking of making the switch to T-Mobile myself...their new plans and policies just seem a like breath of fresh air compared to AT&T or VZW...it's just too bad they don't have the same coverage.

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been thinking of making the switch to T-Mobile myself...their new plans and policies just seem a like breath of fresh air compared to AT&T or VZW...it's just too bad they don't have the same coverage.

Yeah, we actually even left AT&T when all the "Unlimited" throttling thing broke, and went over to Sprint to reward them with our business for them being the only ones still giving what everybody knows nearly all customers want (Unlimited). But unfortunately, their service was just too bad to stay, so we went back to the grandfathered plan.

From reading articles about how the U.S. (the richest country on earth) is actually behind the quality / speed of data in European countries, to articles about electric / utilities companies not updating and letting their infrastructure crumble while continue to charge as if they were, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of wise decisions being made. Like you say, better policies will definitely be some fresh air.

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No T-Mobile allows you to have no data if you want. That was me logging into my account, hitting change data (I have unlimited right now), and that's the options I had.. Having no data was one of them.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Is this on the simple choice plan? If so, are there any savings over the 500mb plan?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Is this on the simple choice plan? If so, are there any savings over the 500mb plan?

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

I do understand the answer to your question matters greatly in terms of what is the best decision, and I'll be interested to hear it. But it’s also interesting to me that the simple fact that there is a carrier (including Sprint according to him) that has the “data block” option for a smartphone seems to me to dispel the assertion that they “cannot” have a smartphone with no data, or that it would be too technologically difficult / not cost efficient, meaning that it really is nothing more than a money grab. They absolutely have the right to do it, but I knew better than to swallow that premise.

The current “phone service only” plan was like 15 or 17 a month or something. I’m hoping I can find some option that is comparable. We can’t afford another 30-50 a month just so my pre-teen can text his puppy loves.
:)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh well that sucks then.. I guess it's once again the duopoly trying to rip as much from a wallet as they can.

Curious.. What if you shoved a SIM for a dumb phone into a smartphone and disabled data? They'd probably still catch on huh?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Don't do that the net work would pull up the dumb phone as a smart phone and automatically add a data plan my sister did that to me once she took a SIM out of her phone and put it into my old android and boom I get a text message from at&t

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Ameer Nuub

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Don't do that the net work would pull up the dumb phone as a smart phone and automatically add a data plan my sister did that to me once she took a SIM out of her phone and put it into my old android and boom I get a text message from at&t

LOL... There is no escape!!! ;)

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yup they won't do a simple service patch to let you opt out either it would be too hard for them to loose all of that money

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty