Messaging Charges?

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I just received the following email message from AT&T:

Our systems have detected that you have already accumulated over $20 in messaging charges this month. Based on your current usage, you could reduce your messaging charges by subscribing to a monthly plan. As a valued customer, we are sending you this email to make you aware that messaging plans are available that would help to make your bill more predictable.

I thought text messages were part of my data plan. I also do not text very much. Also, I will do without if there are no other options......

Is there services or app where I can text for free? Other ways to avoid the above and still be able to text once in a while??

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
We bought two of them off EBay (Thanks, Mr. Anonymous!) and I had to drive two hours both ways to get them at 1am. Fun times.

It was a good thing we did it that way, though, because we don't live in a 3G area and they wouldn't have been sold at local stores.

Probably a bogus text. Check your plan before you do anyrhing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am not going to pay AT&T an additional $20 a month for unlimited texting. I also don't want to pay for texting, since I consider it an optional activity. Therefore I decided to set up texting through Comcast Xfinity which, apparently, is part of my service. Seems to do the job.......

REHolt218

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I am not going to pay AT&T an additional $20 a month for unlimited texting. I also don't want to pay for texting, since I consider it an optional activity. Therefore I decided to set up texting through Comcast Xfinity which, apparently, is part of my service. Seems to do the job.......

I wasn't suggesting you pay AT&T anything extra. You said you "thought unlimited texting was part of your plan". I was suggesting that you may be right and that the message was bogus.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

tmozer

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Stupid me did not realize that it was not part of my plan. I thought texting was like email and included. It sucks that they charge extra (and so much) for texting. It would be $20 a month to add unlimited texting to one phone. Not worth it for me..... Especially since I can use my Comcast digital phone number to text, which is included.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep carriers make alot on texting plans.. It costs them really nothing to send em.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yea sadly they don't offer the 500 text for $5 ANY MORE items unlimited or 10 cents a text

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty