08-11-2015 09:49 PM
98 1234
tools
    I had the same problems, bottom left menu button no longer takes me to my settings where I could quickly change sounds and notifications and check data usage. Now it's like three extra steps to drag from the top down and find settings icon. I just don't like it.

My widgets disappeared, too. My daughter was able to "fix" it, though (have no idea what she did, but they're back on my homescreen again) but now widgets and apps are not in same place so makes it more complicated for me. :-(

And I absolutely hate the new colors, especially the texting colors. ICK! This is the absolute worst component for me!

If I could go back to the way my phone was before this update I'd do it in a heartbeat!!!
    04-17-2015 11:06 AM
    I use Straight Talk and I no longer have LTE it often comes up no phone signal at all. Impossible to send data via text. Anyone come up fixes yet?
    Mine automatically updated.
    Some of the other changes I don't mind, but would like to have a place that tells you what all the changes are.
    04-17-2015 12:19 PM
    I want to update my AT&T S4 SGH-I337 to Lollipop.
    But when I hook it to my PC (Kies) and also check OTA there is no update.
    My AT&T S4 SGH-I337 is running 4.4.2.
    Where can I get the Odin file for Lollipop?
    04-17-2015 03:02 PM
    Never mind, .. found out there's not sound or vibration if the Text window is open when a Text comes in .......
    04-17-2015 03:40 PM
    I found this link:
    http://www.naldotech.com/install-and...y-s4-sgh-i337/
    It has an Odin file for Lollipop
    will this work okay?
    04-17-2015 03:59 PM
    So, you want to root your phone? Just curious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    04-18-2015 11:46 AM
    Cannot seem to access the two swipe quick settings or any of the Smart Lock features following update to 5.0.1 on my AT&T S4. Thoughts?
    04-18-2015 12:52 PM
    I use Straight Talk and I no longer have LTE it often comes up no phone signal at all. Impossible to send data via text. Anyone come up fixes yet?
    Mine automatically updated.
    Some of the other changes I don't mind, but would like to have a place that tells you what all the changes are.
    I found my problem. When my phone upgraded it switched my APN to AT&Ts. I switched it back and all is good again.
    04-19-2015 05:27 PM
    The update has been nothing but a nightmare. I did a factory reset (as the phone would slow down to a crawl, lock up, etc.)
    After the reset it was doing ok...until....the constant reboots, the dreaded message about the camera not working and when i try to access the gallery the phone locks up (or reboots.)

So all in all I give lollipop ...5 stars of failure.

UPDATE : I spent like, almost 2 hours with AT&T...then Samsung...then back to AT&T regarding the phone issue. Apparently i'm out of warranty so at&t won't do anything (other than offer me the next upgrade plan. Ummm no.) Samsung's tech support (whom by the way are difficult to understand...for me anyways...said that samsung is aware of issues with the s4/lollipop update.) Of course their website says nothing to indicate this.

Yeahhhhhh.
    04-20-2015 12:12 AM
    I wanted to update my phone to Lollipop and I have done that
    My phone now runs 5.0.1
    Now, I do need to root, how do I do that?
    04-21-2015 10:20 AM
    I wanted to update my phone to Lollipop and I have done that
    My phone now runs 5.0.1
    Now, I do need to root, how do I do that?
    Why the heck do you want to root. Respectfully, just by asking how to root your phone tells me that you need to remain stock. Just my opinion only.

04-21-2015 10:30 AM
    Sorry if I am asking this in the wrong spot, but I recently updated my S4, and the one thing I've found about the update that I absolutely hate is the favorite contacts changing to a grid format instead of a list. I actually liked the list format, and I haven't been able to find a way to change it back. A google search also turned up nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    04-21-2015 08:51 PM
    I've had three issues since the update to Lollipop:

1. Google Calendar: Displays appointments at the wrong time. For example, and appointment at 3pm on Monday displayed as 3pm on Tuesday. Tasks that I put in for 1pm today displayed at 4am the next day. When I click on the event, the correct date and time are shown, it's just displayed incorrectly on the calendar itself. I tried clearing the cache, but it made no difference.

2. Notification pull-down: I have about 5 seconds before my phone goes into hibernation. Sadly, I couldn't find any setting that could change this.

3. Amazon App store does not seem to work.

Anyone else run into these or suggest a fix?

Thanks!
    Mike
    04-21-2015 11:21 PM
    My only major complain is the colour of the Messaging app and that there's no option to change it. The cheeto coloured orange isn't pleasing to the eye at all, not to mention that it clashes with all of the backgrounds I put on there. If any of you figure out how to change this I would really appreciate it. My eyes are suffering every time I reply to a text!

Another small thing is that when I opened Chrome the option to view tabs had changed from the drop down display at the top of the browser to merging the tabs with my apps. It's a pretty easy fix (Settings - turn "Merge tabs and apps" off) but I wasn't expecting it at all. I'm not sire if this is related to the Lollipop update or not, but I figured I would mention it anyway.
    04-22-2015 09:02 AM
    I got the notification of the update a few weeks ago and went ahead with the OTA update from 4.4.4 to 5.0.1. I had a few glitches (Google search bar was gone, and so was my stock phone icon in the dock). I've seen a few glitches along the way, but overall it has worked pretty well. My battery does seem to drain faster than before.

To take care (hopefully) of some of the minor glitches, I'm planning to do a FDR and have been busy logging all my screens and apps and hopefully remember most of the tweaks I've done. I use Nova Prime as my launcher. I've never had much luck backing up settings and such so will plan for the full install and tweak as I rebuild.

Yeehaw.
    04-22-2015 10:03 AM
    I went to best buy at the samsung experience center and they updated my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-23-2015 10:36 AM
    Why the heck do you want to root. Respectfully, just by asking how to root your phone tells me that you need to remain stock. Just my opinion only.
    I want to root to remove ads and to remove the silly "Write Protection" errors and stuff and I do want to keep using Samsung Stock Android

I just want to know how to root this specific phone
    04-24-2015 04:12 AM
    When I tap one of the contacts in "Favorites", instead of showing all the phone numbers for that contact to allow me to choose the number I want to dial, (like it used to), it just starts dialing one of the contacts numbers. Why doesn't tapping a contact give me the phone number options anymore??? Grrrrrr!!!!
    valQIS likes this.
    04-24-2015 04:43 PM
    Hello:

Since the update from 4.4.4 I have to constantly reboot the phone because it loses its connection to the play store.

Is AT&T going to do any kind of maintenance update to fix any of these issues?

Spring.
    04-26-2015 05:09 PM
    When all else fails, do the factory data reset and I'll bet your issues will be resolved.
    04-26-2015 05:30 PM
    Yeah, I'm complaining. I didn't want lollipop its the very reason I didn't buy the S5. Is there a way to stop the update from happening without turning off my Wifi? I currently have it waiting but eventually it's going to force me to download it.
    04-27-2015 11:10 PM
    By the colors and look I'm convinced that Lollipop was designed by an 8 year old girl.
    04-27-2015 11:13 PM
    Yeah, I'm complaining. I didn't want lollipop its the very reason I didn't buy the S5. Is there a way to stop the update from happening without turning off my Wifi? I currently have it waiting but eventually it's going to force me to download it.
    I didn't have enough internal storage for the d/l to complete. Probably still don't as I've not received another notification since.

04-27-2015 11:13 PM
    That's okay. I found that it seems to automatically think I swiped twice and I have to swipe up a third time to get my messages. Ain't technology wonderful?
    04-27-2015 11:25 PM
    My only major complain is the colour of the Messaging app and that there's no option to change it. The cheeto coloured orange isn't pleasing to the eye at all, not to mention that it clashes with all of the backgrounds I put on there. If any of you figure out how to change this I would really appreciate it. My eyes are suffering every time I reply to a text!
    Yep.
    04-29-2015 08:13 PM
98 1234