Extended Battery WITH Back Door! Pics and Review

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
Hey everyone I got my extended 3500 mAh beastly battery today complete with back door. Its pretty awesome and it doesn't add that much bulk.

IMG955731.jpg

That's the back of it and as you can see its sort of contoured at the top which adds some style to the back. The door is grey which blends with the phone well.

IMG953005.jpg

Here is a side shot mainly depicting the extra bulk the door gives off.

The door is made of a heavy plastic; much thicker and sturdier than the OEM back door.

Sooo kinda awkward... I can't seem to get the back door off therefore I can't get a pic of the battery. I'm laying in bed using my girls iPhone *bleh* to take the pics so that isn't the number one priority right now haha. The 3500 mAh battery is basically 2 OEM batteries stacked on top of eachother and it fits snug in the phone. I put the battery in and it had 71% off the bat. That was at 9pm I put it in. Its now 12:30 and I'm at 50% with heavy use (I'm typing this review from my infuse) I'm letting it die to 0%, charging to 100% then repeating a couple times before I calibrate the battery stats.

Overall I LOVE this thing. It takes me back to my Evo days and it makes me smile. For $35 (that's with shipping) its worth every penny. I'll get back to you with updates so stay tuned!

If there's anything you want me to review let me know. I work at AT&T so I have access to all the toys :) thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

JonMark#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
That one was only 15 and 2.98 shipping, no tax. But yeah, I guess if you want it overnight it'll run you more on shipping than the actual product lol

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
That one was only 15 and 2.98 shipping, no tax. But yeah, I guess if you want it overnight it'll run you more on shipping than the actual product lol

I'm impatient what can I say haha. I'm the type of person that would pay more money to get things sooner. Its a bad habit I need to break :/

JonMark#AC

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm impatient what can I say haha. I'm the type of person that would pay more money to get things sooner. Its a bad habit I need to break :/

I tend to be the same way when I'm ordering stuff online lol. With Amazon I try to order most of my stuff prime to get that $4 overnight shipping lol

dluce76

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Also purchased this extended battery, and love it. Got it from amazon for $15. Might pick up another if the battery life turns out to be good for long trips, etc.

While it definitely adds depth and heft to the phone, its worth it in my opinion. The extended battery life is pretty good (although I haven't gone through a full discharge/charge yet), and the battery door is well constructed and almost matches the silver around the sides of the phone perfectly (a bit off but hard to tell).

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
Also purchased this extended battery, and love it. Got it from amazon for $15. Might pick up another if the battery life turns out to be good for long trips, etc.

While it definitely adds depth and heft to the phone, its worth it in my opinion. The extended battery life is pretty good (although I haven't gone through a full discharge/charge yet), and the battery door is well constructed and almost matches the silver around the sides of the phone perfectly (a bit off but hard to tell).

I agree completely. Honestly one of the nicest extended battery doors I've seen. I had it for the Evo but the Evo was already kinda bulky.

Duard

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Looks great, but with the added heft, it's even more important to put it in a case that will absorb some of the bumps and bruises. Is there a case that fits over the extended battery?

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
snap20110816_012705.png

So day 3 and its currently around 1:30am in philadelphia and im on 15 hours of battery use. Still standing at 56%. Safe to say that this battery kicks ass :) just checking in! Ill be back tomorrow with more findings.

dluce76

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Caveat emptor: I am not seeing much improvement in battery life with this monster compared to stock.

I'm down to 78% after 4.5hours with 66% display.

Definitely some improvement compared to stock, but when this battery is supposed to be >2x the stocker, I'm not seeing even 50% more life.

Time will tell, maybe a few more full discharges/charges and it'll shape up.

digitalexplr

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have one on order.

I think the key to getting the most out your battery is getting a full charge in it first off. Then running it down completely a couple of times. Don't recharge until you are down to 20% or less of charge.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse via Tapatalk

Stefan.Skoutelas

Jul 2, 2011
www.facebook.com
I have one on order.

I think the key to getting the most out your battery is getting a full charge in it first off. Then running it down completely a couple of times. Don't recharge until you are down to 20% or less of charge.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse via Tapatalk

Exactly. Your supposed to let it die to 0% a couple times then charge all the way to 100%. That's what I've been doing and its improving everyday. I'm at 29% and I'm rolling on 1 day 11 hours... I'm at a party right now and using my phone for music oddly enough haha =P weird place to be posting on a forum but whatever!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch