Assigning ringtones to contacts Poor Tutorials

Julia Fleming

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
This is a fun phone to use, but for the life of me I cannot find a way to assign ringtones to my Contact list. If anybody out there can help me, please let me hear from you.

The tutorials for this phone are dreadfully incomplete and I am considering returning it. I have an old Samsung that I already know how to use, and it's a heck of a lot easier, plus it's smaller, thus easier to cart around.

The size is both a blessing and a curse. It won't fit into a small(ish) handbag, and if you go around your fingers get cramped after 10 minutes or so.

Still, I love the Memo app. It's great to have your grocery/to-do/whatever list on your phone. The camera is nice.

But I really don't know how to use all the functions and I don't even know where to go to find out. That is extremely maddening when you just want to get something DONE!

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Go to your contacts, click on a contact, Tap your menu button, (last one on the lower left of the Infuse.) click edit, scroll down to Ringtone and click it.

I also use a program called WhoIsIt. There's a free version which is really good. You can assign Ringtones, SMS Ringtones, MMS Ringtones, Gmail, google and other ringstones for each contact.

I use the paid version which allows me to set certain contacts up as VIP's. Then using the Profiles, I can set up something like Sleep, where my phone will only ring when a VIP calls.

He also has a Ringtone manager called Ringleader.

Hope this helps.

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Go to your contacts, click on a contact, Tap your menu button, (last one on the lower left of the Infuse.) click edit, scroll down to Ringtone and click it.

Hope this helps.

I'll agree with the OP. Fun phone, annoying as hell to try and figure out because the instructions are spotty, written by uber-technical people who assume the reader is also "tech"wise or non-existent.

I tried Cranky's suggestion (thanks,it was easy to understand and nicely straightforward) but when I bring up a contact and hit the menu button then edit there is nothing to scroll down to. All I see is a notice "Unable to edit SNS contacts on phone". Huh? WTF do you find out how to deal with SNS contacts, what ever SNS is, so you CAN edit contacts. I don't consider my email contacts from any of my email accounts,including Yahoo, part of a "Social Network Site".....not everyone e-mails socially.... sometimes it is business. At least the Black Berry contact list was intelligent in it's function for the most part.

I still haven't been able to find a solution to the constant duplication of my contacts without having to manually delete and re-enter each one individually.

To add further to my contact list woes, somehow some of my contacts are 'Joined' and I don't know what exactly that means or why it has even happened. It's very annoying that there's no specific documentation on how each application works,about it's features and how to trouble shoot things.

Cranky

Professional
May 27, 2011
Visit site
Joined contacts were duplicates that got joined. They may or may not have different phone numbers.

Lets say that you had two friends named John. If you joined them, both ph numbers would be in the list, you'r see two pics of a phone. You can unjoin them, if the numbers are the same, just delete one.

As far as SNS, I found this: Support SNS contacts - Android Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty