wifi ip address wrong?

kmurray21

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
hey everyone :)
with no luck googling this issue, i thought i'd post my question here.
last night after work i got home and tried to use my phone to browse facebook and it kept telling me no internet connection. it said i was connected to my home network, had great strength... ive tried turning off and back on the phone, turning off wifi and back on, forgetting and reentering the network, pulling the battery. nothing. i had my dad look at it and the IP address it is getting is very weird and doesnt match what our home IP's usually are. he tried connecting it to other wifi (he has a verizon mifi, it connected just fine to that). anyone have any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it?

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Similar situation happened to me. I was experimenting on my router for Mac address blocking. After done playing with it, I unblocked the Mac address. After that, the device failed to get an ip address and just kept on trying. At some point, the router did show that device was connected (but actually it was not) with a strange ip address (not the usual 192.168.x.x). I figured the Mac address was still blocked in spite of I already removed the block and the router show it was not blocking anything. Finally, I reset the router from factory condition and everything went back to normal.

Last edited: