Data usage on Samsung Infuse

Armygf08

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
A couple of questions...
I have a Samsung Infuse through AT&T with their 200mb data plan (sorry, not paying up the ass for their "unlimited plan")

1.) Do sms (text) messages count against data usage? I assume MMS messages do.

2.) Is there a way to completely disable data so that even if I accidentally hit the internet button it won't connect anyway?

3.) IF all data can be diabled will my sms(texts) still come through?

4.) I have Juice Defender Ultimate to help with battery life and have used the settings in the app to disable data but I still get email and notifications from FB ect.

5.) I just bought APN switch from the market but the widget says data off...however email is still coming through.

Super frustrated. I only want my data on when I'm at home on wifi...I want to be able to shut my data off when I'm away from home...please tell me there is a way to do this!!!

Thanks so much in advance for any replies.

Jen

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
No, SMS and MMS are text messenges and are included wwith texts, not data. To truely turn off data go to settings>wireless and network>mobile networks> Deselect "use packet data." Texts will still come through.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate.

ateebtk

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Its a good idea to install apps like "3g watch dog"which keep a tally of your data usage and shuts it off once it reaches a pre determined limit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo