gingerbread update

brianchris

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
So now that the official update has been out for couple days, is anyone willing to discuss what improvements are in the ROM, and what bugs/problems are present also? Thank you in advance!!

cvmfour

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Switching between screens, the background picture used to scroll over with it to reveal more of the picture. I can't figure out how to fix this.

When checking emails and I flip the phone over to landscape mode, it shows emails on the left and the email you're reading in a box to the right. I can't figure out how to change this back to the full screen while reading emails in landscape mode.

I've noticed I have the same amount of apps but it lags more between them. Then, the phone catches up and is fine.

Just a few gripes I have right now.

dpomerance

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Switching between screens, the backgJuround picture used to scroll over with it to reveal more of the picture. I can't figure out how to fix this.

When checking emails and I flip the phone over to landscape mode, it shows emails on the left and the email you're reading in a box to the right. I can't figure out how to change this back to the full screen while reading emails in landscape mode.

I've noticed I have the same amount of apps but it lags more between them. Then, the phone catches up and is fine.

Just a few gripes I have right now.

Just go to settings and turn off split view mode

marianomarrero

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Just finished installing GB. Went to samsung site, downloaded mini Kies, installed on PC plugged in phone to Kies and it took about 5 minutes didn't lose anything. It was about time they released this YEHHHHHHHH!!!ICE CREAM SANDWHICH anyone????

taxman24

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sadly kies mini does not recognize my phone. uninstalled everything that was samsung related, installed kies mini. I registered my device months ago on samsung website. :( also I tried removing external sd card and a few other things the faq suggested.

Sometimes it will recognize the device but as un registered. When this happen s the upgrade button is greyed. Looks like I may be doomed to never update.

My phone is completely stock. Never rooted or did anything. Have had it since the week it was released

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Sadly kies mini does not recognize my phone. uninstalled everything that was samsung related, installed kies mini. I registered my device months ago on samsung website. :( also I tried removing external sd card and a few other things the faq suggested.

Sometimes it will recognize the device but as un registered. When this happen s the upgrade button is greyed. Looks like I may be doomed to never update.

My phone is completely stock. Never rooted or did anything. Have had it since the week it was released

If it makes you feel any better, the GB update is really unfinished... The wallpaper in the background doesn't move, the battery meter is always green, games start stuttering, and the music app makes a lot of albums either go unknown or mess up the album art.

I'd say stock Froyo (how the phone came as is) was probably the most usable form of the phone, so don't feel too bad.

anon(156377)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, the GB update is really unfinished... The wallpaper in the background doesn't move, the battery meter is always green, games start stuttering, and the music app makes a lot of albums either go unknown or mess up the album art.

I'd say stock Froyo (how the phone came as is) was probably the most usable form of the phone, so don't feel too bad.

Have you tried a factory reset? Also clearing delvik cache. When I had my Captivate and got official 2.3.5, had a ton of issues until I did one, After that I was golden. Anyone else having issues? The GF wants GB!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note.

yohannie

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a factory reset? Also clearing delvik cache. When I had my Captivate and got official 2.3.5, had a ton of issues until I did one, After that I was golden. Anyone else having issues? The GF wants GB!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note.

Yeah, all that was after factory resetting, unfortunately :(

JustCruisin

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
So far I like GB on my Infuse. There is a small improvement in response times for most of the apps I use.

The battery management is substantially better. I'm getting a 20-25% improvement in battery life if I had to guess a number.

I miss the moving wallpaper, but I can live without it.

cbit

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Probably speaking too soon, but (as of today) I like the GB revision. Touchscreen is working much better in car caddy. This whole experience has me rethinking both Samsung and AT&T, but mostly Samsung. ICS on a better supported phone will be next for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38