Today is the day more Infuse owners jump in on the fun. Opinions new Androidites!

jumper809

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Had my inspire three weeks..JUST walked out of the AT&T store with my Infuse. What an awesome phone! HTC isn't even close!

GotBCI

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
OK! where does one go to learn how read "Droids For Dummies" ?
I'm still stuck back in the analog era,phones to me should be just that

My current phone is a 3 yrs old Motorola Tundra with all PTT and media toys locked out,
thats right I dont even text!!

Rooting,ROMS . . . . AHHHHHH! even after reading I'm still clueless to all this:confused:

Reactions: iron mongoose

Stonecold

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Ordered mine yesterday through Amazon, and it's coming in tomorrow!
Can't wait!
Does anyone know what kind of case is best for this phone? One that doesn't add too much "fat" to it, yet still protects it?

KikoKuruma

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had my infuse for a couple of weeks now, and i am completely content with it. the screen is big and beautiful, and completely blows away apple's retina display in my opinion. the only thing that disappointed me is the processor, don't get me wrong, a 1.2 GHz processor is great, but it would have been nice to see a dual core.

saxplayer

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the Infuse yesterday, had an iPhone 3GS 32gb... really loved it too. Hoping I love the Infuse as much..... because I was torn between the iPhone 4 and the Infuse... didn't want to wait for the iPhone 5 which probably won't have 4G capabilities. Only thing I haven't figured out is how to communicate with my computer and phone via cords.... when I plug in the USB to my computer, it won't recognize the driver and install properly (running Win7 64 bit).

Teyshablue

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
After a dissapointing turn with the Captivate, I upgraded to an HTC Inspire. Wife has an EVO and I really dig that phone, so I gave the Inspire a shot. I liked it..snappy with a really solid build. But, the speakerphone was borderline useless and the screen was unviewable in the sunlight. I remembered the display on my old Captivate being pretty solid in the sunlight, so I decided to take the Inspire back (well within my 30 days) and pick up the Infuse.
I had sworn I would never buy another Samsung after the Captivate fiasco....Freezes/Lags/Unstable and unusable GPS. But, I researched the Infuse online pretty intensely and didn't see many problems cropping up yet. So, I took the plunge yesterday and man, was I surprised and impressed. I'm a little leary of the weight and casing. It's just so stinking light! I guess I was used to the considerable heft of the Inspire. I'm afraid this thing will blow away in a good breeze.:p Guess I'll go find a good case for it ASAP.
This phone is every bit as quick as the Inspire...solid web rendering. The speakerphone rocks and the display is just a nice as I remembered the Captivate being, just way larger.:cool: The GPS locked within seconds and never lost it's lock during my 45 minute commute to work this morning. I am very impressed with this phone....finally, I've landed on an Android device that really delivers in every category. Nice job, Samsung. Frankly, I'm surprised.

FREIGHTz

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Today is the day more Infuse owners jump in on the fun. Opini

Most likely going to pick this phone up tomorrow after I check it out. First time smart phone owner so its charting all new territory...

How essential is it to root the phone? I feel like if i do, i wont leave it be...

dano9

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Ordered 2 of them for me and the wife. They are on the way, should be here late Friday or Saturday maybe. I'm coming from the Samsung Eternity too where rooted that phone long time ago and put Opera Mini and few other browsers and google maps on there and it's been a good phone. Actually just because of the cost if I could get a feature phone like the Eternity except with a 4" capacitive screen I would be pretty happy. But the Infuse is nice too.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

The infuse is good,but had a ruff start,first phone I got had issues with wi-fi,that it kept kicking me off the network as I left the area where I connected to the wi-fi,so I got a new one,which seemed to fry micro sd cards left and right.Now,I'm on my third infuse and this one seems solid,no longer having the same problems as I did with the others.I've used this phone on my trip to Lake Powell to record videos and take pictures,which I was very pleased with the quality,just make sure to change your settings before you start taking vids and pics.This is my first android phone,which I just came from a Blackberry Bold 9700,will never look back at getting another Blackberry,and glad to be in the android community...

tunie

Phhhhbbbbtttt
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

Coming from Blackberry for 6-7 years, I'm so relieved to finally have a phone that not only works, but is beautiful besides! The screen is amazing. No, it's astounding! The colors and definition simply buries the other phones I've looked at. The screen is huge, so it's much easier for me to type without making a gazillion errors. I also could never go back to a smaller screen. It's syncing my email, calendars, contacts and tasks in Outlook and Gmail perfectly. I've taken a ton of pictures and shot some video and they're all gorgeous. The phone is fast, though now the slide lock screen hangs for millisecond, but I think it's because of an app I installed. I use NoLed to replace my beloved notification led, and it's working great. When I miss a phone call, it places a small picture of the person whose call I missed, right on the black screen. I really love that! Basically, moving away from RIM and to Android made me realize what I've been missing all these years and makes me wonder why I stuck with RIM as long as I did. The Infuse is awesome. I'm keeping it!:)

slayde

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Ordered mine yesterday through Amazon, and it's coming in tomorrow!
Can't wait!
Does anyone know what kind of case is best for this phone? One that doesn't add too much "fat" to it, yet still protects it?
I'm using the Body Glove Mirage and I like it.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Coming from Blackberry for 6-7 years, I'm so relieved to finally have a phone that not only works, but is beautiful besides! The screen is amazing. No, it's astounding! The colors and definition simply buries the other phones I've looked at. The screen is huge, so it's much easier for me to type without making a gazillion errors. I also could never go back to a smaller screen. It's syncing my email, calendars, contacts and tasks in Outlook and Gmail perfectly. I've taken a ton of pictures and shot some video and they're all gorgeous...

Then vote for the Infuse in the Readers choice awards: AT&T's best Android phone!

dcisive

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

I'm using the Body Glove Mirage and I like it.
I chose the Case-Mate body case. It covers all but the screen and is nicely sculpted. Has rubberized sides for best grip and multi layer soft/hard plastic for protection elsewhere. It fits as if you don't know it's there. I use a anti glare screen protector they put on at the AT&T store which works just fine. The leather size pouch works if I don't have a pocket in my shirt and need it on my belt. I also picked up a 16gb class 10 microSD card to add more memory as I'll be adding lots of music and videos as I go along. I really love the way this phone is more like a PC in a Phone than just a phone interface. I've customized the layout and it suits me well.

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got the infuse in a great deal. Now still no contract and no rush for sgs2 or iPhone 5. Infuse is very good. It will take another 4.5+ screen with ICS and720p in order for me to be interested in another phone.

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Just got the infuse in a great deal. Now still no contract and no rush for sgs2 or iPhone 5. Infuse is very good. It will take another 4.5+ screen with ICS and720p in order for me to be interested in another phone.
If I were on AT&T, I would get the Infuse and not look back. The SGS2 has some fun new features but the Infuse is a beast and one of the most reliable phones. I don't think it is too late to vote for the Infuse in the Readers choice awards: AT&T's best Android phone.

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site

Samungs auto call rejection! Love it. Even has "unknown" on the list by default. I'm porting my number to google voice in a week so it's not as important as it was but this was one of the very annoying things that coudln't be done very well on the iphone.

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site

Samungs auto call rejection! Love it. Even has "unknown" on the list by default. I'm porting my number to google voice in a week so it's not as important as it was but this was one of the very annoying things that coudln't be done very well on the iphone.

Didn't know that about this phone! I have one "friend" for whom this might come in handy... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress