Outlook email keeps loading already viewed messages as "Unread"

infuser

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello, my first post....

I'm new to Android, have had my Infuse for less than a month. I'm coming from Blackberry, so there's a lot for me to learn!

I've been working my way through my technical questions, either by figuring things out on my own, asking for help at the AT&T store, or looking here in the forums. I have checked the archived threads, but haven't found an answer to this question:

I have my pop email account synced with my device, "pushing" at the most frequent time available (5 minutes). I have it set to load 25 messages, but if I delete messages, then it will push again (every 5 minutes) to fill in the balance of the 25 messages.

In other words, if I have 25 messages listed, and 20 of them are "new" or "unread", and I delete 10 of those messages, then the next time it pushes it will load 10 more messages from the past that I have already read but not deleted. Those incoming 10 messages from the past show up as "unread", even though I already read them yesterday. Then when true "new" messages come in, they will push down messages until there are again 25 (sorry for the double meaning of 'push' here).

So when I delete messages throughout the day, say 2 - 10 at a time, then that same number will pop back up from the already read messages, but show up as "unread", which then prompts me to look and see if there are any actual new messages.

I will sometimes view the same message 6 - 8 times a day (I don't actually have to open it and view it, but I do have to mark it as read). It's a real pain and I use my device for email than any other function, so I'm really hoping to find a way to fox this problem.

The rep at the AT&T store tried to figure it out for almost an hour yesterday, ended up saying that he would try to find out at home that night and call me back when he came back in today. He did call me back today and said that he had determined that it is actually "a bug in the Froyo system, that should be fixed soon when Gingerbread becomes available for the device."

It's very frustrating and I'm hoping someone here can help!

Thank you.
Infuser :confused: