Data usage?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I typically use between 2 and 3 GB. Occasionally go over 3. I don't do much streaming, so if I did, it would be quite a bit higher. Never worried about limiting my data use. That's just what I normally use, and I am on unlimited.

feelinfroggy23

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ehhhh im on a 3g data plan and I've never gone over...came close though!!! Im on YouTube a lot so that takes up a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

pinkcamaro17

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Between 4 to 5gb. I'm on unlimited but I stream and use the net all the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

mikeyrowdy

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello fellow forum members. I am very pleased to join your club. I think we own the best smartphones on the market. I love this phone. I have downloading and enjoying music all day. Dylan's version of "All along the Watchtower" is especially good.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the 3GB AT&T data plan and I usually average 1.2GB a month. I try really hard to use data but I can't even come close to 2GB, let alone the 3GB limit. I don't know how people do it. Do they not have lives? I'm busy, haha.

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the 3GB AT&T data plan and I usually average 1.2GB a month. I try really hard to use data but I can't even come close to 2GB, let alone the 3GB limit. I don't know how people do it. Do they not have lives? I'm busy, haha.

Streaming YouTube and netflix eats up data. I have the grandfather unlimited data and use 3-4 GB. First month with netflix I used 7 GB.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I use 1.5gb on average on my galaxy note out of 3gb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

And this is because i can't do what i would like due to the data caps. No netflix, YouTube etc

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use around 2.5GB out of 3. I luckily have an ICS device and can track my data usage. I would use more if I had a higher limit to stream Google Music more

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I use around 2.5GB out of 3. I luckily have an ICS device and can track my data usage. I would use more if I had a higher limit to stream Google Music more

U can track usage on any device.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
U can track usage on any device.

Without a third party applications? And that will disable mobile data when limit is reached?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think I avg around 1-1.5Gig a month. I was watching my data before I switched to ATT from Sprint! So I lost my Unlimited. But it was worth is in my area.

onlyoneromeo

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
i dont know how u guys are staying so low on your data. i came from verizon and rarely went over four now on att im going well above the 5 gig plan limits. i think theres something about the way these phones i have handle data. im also starting to wonder if the third party text messaging application east up data compared to stock. i use go sms btw. im just baffled that mon thru fri 9-5 im on wifi and that outside of work i use up 5 gigs. somethings not right here. i installed juice defender to help turn the radios off when wifi is on so hopefully itll help.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
i dont know how u guys are staying so low on your data. i came from verizon and rarely went over four now on att im going well above the 5 gig plan limits. i think theres something about the way these phones i have handle data. im also starting to wonder if the third party text messaging application east up data compared to stock. i use go sms btw. im just baffled that mon thru fri 9-5 im on wifi and that outside of work i use up 5 gigs. somethings not right here. i installed juice defender to help turn the radios off when wifi is on so hopefully itll help.

I saw a built in app that will let you set your data cap. If you go over your set limit it will cut data off for you on your phone. Not sure if its an HTC thing or if all of the Android based phones have it. Its in the settings. Check it out!