Thinking about coming to AT&T

EarleD

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
My contract with Verizon is up in Oct, and since V never seems to get the good phones until later or ever
I'm thinking of coming on over to ATT.

I live in Central Connecticut and according to the web page att has great 4g coverage here. Can anyone confirm the coverage in Wallingford,CT?

I use less than 3 gb monthly as I'm pretty much always on wifi, so I dont think the plan will cost any more or less than Verizon. I currently
have a note 2 and love it. Of course its even better running Beans 18.

I do have a couple of ???

The At&t is the international/gsm version of phone correct?
Do all At&t phones come unlocked?

Thanks alot

Ty

Stein357

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
AT&T phones are GSM, which is the more common technology globally.

No, AT&T phones don't come unlocked.

How much do you pay monthly with Verizon?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
1) All phones on att are GSM.
2) They are not unlocked. But after your account has been in good standing for 3-4 months all you have to do is dial 611 and ask them to unlock it. They gave me no issues when I did this with my S3 and I was still a new customer with them.
3) Att is normally a little bit cheaper. For 450 minutes + roll over up to 12 months, unlimited texting and 3gigs of data will run you around $90 a month before taxes and any discounts that you may have. Discounts ONLY work on the minutes plan. Not data or texting.

EarleD

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I currently pay $77 monthly with Verizon. I get 450/1000/4gb

I never use more than 2.5 gb/month as I'm always on wifi.

Its just that fact that Verizon screws with every phone they get. Coverage is my biggest concern

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
To check coverage, download an app called Sensorly and see if anyone has submitted coverage maps for the area and carrier you are interested in. Edit: I believe this is android-only.

If they don't, at least drive around a while with the app running so the next person to look sees coverage results for the carrier you currently have.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
To check coverage, download an app called Sensorly and see if anyone has submitted coverage maps for the area and carrier you are interested in. Edit: I believe this is android-only.

If they don't, at least drive around a while with the app running so the next person to look sees coverage results for the carrier you currently have.

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.

Sensorly is OK but the data is not entirely reliable. If you want a great app to compare coverage, check out Cellmaps. They use the maps that the carriers provide and package them up into a really handy tool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sensorly is OK but the data is not entirely reliable. If you want a great app to compare coverage, check out Cellmaps. They use the maps that the carriers provide and package them up into a really handy tool.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

I find it reliable. Sensorly is user driven by the app reporting randomly by people who allow it.. Carrier maps aren't always accurate. They like to think they have coverage in areas they don't sometimes :p.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Speeds are faster as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1372023916574.jpg
    1372023916574.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 41

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon was super fast when LTE first came to Denver, but since then too many have gotten LTE phones and slowed the network down. AT&T is still at 20-30mbps on LTE here on my LG OG while Verizon is at 5-10mbps according to my co workers GS4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Verizon was super fast when LTE first came to Denver, but since then too many have gotten LTE phones and slowed the network down. AT&T is still at 20-30mbps on LTE here on my LG OG while Verizon is at 5-10mbps according to my co workers GS4

Any networks LTE will slow down some when more and more people get LTE... It's inevitable.. But.. You should always get good speeds.. Just not the ridiculous ones :).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

On att's HSPA+ I get around 10megs down. When I was in Ohio my LTE speeds where like 25-30megs down on average. But the more people on your tower the slower the speeds you will see.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Any networks LTE will slow down some when more and more people get LTE... It's inevitable.. But.. You should always get good speeds.. Just not the ridiculous ones :).

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

On att's HSPA+ I get around 10megs down. When I was in Ohio my LTE speeds where like 25-30megs down on average. But the more people on your tower the slower the speeds you will see.

And i get to enjoy my fast AT&T LTE while the people that jumped ship to VZW are stuck with HSPA+-like speeds lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87