What security app do you recommend?

buttonstc

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Ive been using Lookout and quite happy with it.

I haven't opted to pay for a Pro version because the only additional features provided are for tracking and device recovery. Since I'm not using it on a phone, I just didn't see the need. Kind of hard to lose a tablet (at least for me :)

perfectionsu

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Android security issues make the news just about every day, from malicious apps appearing in the Google Play app store to mobile malware spreading via SMS.In my point of view there are some security apps must be there like
-Lookout Security & Antivirus
-AVG Antivirus Free

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And 99% come back debunked. Google has a good system called bouncer that each app goes through. As I said they are feeding on fears of the user and most every one falls pry to them.
Android security issues make the news just about every day, from malicious apps appearing in the Google Play app store to mobile malware spreading via SMS.In my point of view there are some security apps must be there like
-Lookout Security & Antivirus
-AVG Antivirus Free

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

casperinmd

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
You very much should use some security software. Unless you ONLY install apps from Google Play or Amazon App store, and only get apps that are from legitimate developers and only get them weeks after they are released.....then you should have something.

Side loading apps is very easy, and dangerous if you are sloppy. Bad apps DO get to the Play store. Better to be safe than sorry.

I guess you could say you don't need antivirus on your WIndows PC, just don't surf the web and you'll be fine.