I have a passing interest in picking up an android tablet, but i have a general question about the marketplace first. i looked at about 2 or 3 tablets online (one of them being the viewsonic 10.1 inch tablet with android 2.2) and they all noted that the google marketplace is not available for them. why is that? is there any tablet on the market that has access to the android market place?

EDIT: let me qualify my question: I'm referring to wifi only tablets.
    12-05-2010 09:42 AM
    Tablets with 3g connection (ie. through a cell provider) should have marketplace access. I have not found any wifi only tablets with access. I would be very interested if there was.
    12-05-2010 09:51 AM
    The Samsung tablet and this other one best buy sales both have market place. Samsung tablet has 2.2 and this other best buy tablet has 2.1
    12-05-2010 10:37 AM
    Some tablets like mine can have the Market hacked onto them.

-=Sent from my ViewSonic G Tablet (Zpad 2.2) using Tapatalk=-
    12-05-2010 12:19 PM
    Have you looked at the Archos GEN8 tablets? They come in various screen sizes from 2.8in to 10in. I have the 7in model and like it alot.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk
    12-05-2010 03:41 PM
    Have you looked at the Archos GEN8 tablets? They come in various screen sizes from 2.8in to 10in. I have the 7in model and like it alot.

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk
    I didn't think the Archos tablets could access the Android Market. I thought that was why they had developed their own market (AppsLib.com).
    12-06-2010 01:40 PM
    there are ways to get Market on them.
    12-06-2010 02:30 PM
    there are ways to get Market on them.
    Would you like to elaborate or direct us to where that info is available? And will it also work on a Nextbook?
    12-06-2010 04:15 PM
    I have a passing interest in picking up an android tablet, but i have a general question about the marketplace first. i looked at about 2 or 3 tablets online (one of them being the viewsonic 10.1 inch tablet with android 2.2) and they all noted that the google marketplace is not available for them. why is that? is there any tablet on the market that has access to the android market place?

Check out the XDA Developers Forum. They do development on many devices. Read the info on the devices you're interested in and see if you are still interested. I got a NookColor for Christmas and had it rooted (provides root access to device. Aka, hacked to access features the mfg might prefer you do not change). and running the Android Market in just a few minutes. If you can follow directions you can likely set a device up to function they way you want it to - or close to how yiu want it to. NookColor still not perfect, but I have high hopes it it will likely replace my iPad for reading, twitter, forums and Angry Birds!
    12-27-2010 12:47 PM

SuperPad 2 - 10.2 Inch Android 2.2 tablet has android market
    04-07-2011 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD