My mobile data is off and I still have data usage charges from Telus, how can I stop this happening?

stalbertsam

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
mobile data off and still data usage charges from Telus

mobile data off on blackberry Q5 and Samsung S5. Telus pay as you go customer and being charged 1 to 4 kb .01 to .04 cents every day at odd hours. Telus says the phone is accessing the internet even though mobile data is shut off. The phone customer support says no way mobile data off = no data used - this is confirmed on both phones - it says no data used. Telus has been "looking into this since April 28 ".
My sister also with Telus with a data plan has these mysterious .01 mb usages.
I maintain that Telus has found a way to drain your account so you have to top it up with data plan increases or money.
Any one else with this problem?

jdmorin

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: mobile data off and still data usage charges from Telus

If you think someone is fishy and Telus isn't actinv accordingly to help.. File a complaint with the CRTC.

Becuae there should be no way it accessed your mobile data if you turned it off. If you can prove it then telus should remove any charges.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: mobile data off and still data usage charges from Telus

Welcome to Android Central! If Telus has been "looking into this" since 4/28 and hasn't resolved it, then they should stop charging people for the false data usage.

senobones

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
This exact thing happened to me whenever I turn on my iPhone (a Telus refurbished iPhone 4s); the account charges for data usage even when the phone is completely off. Whenever I top off my account, the balance gets used for data usage within days, even when I turn off my data & 3G. I've made complaints and emails w/ regards to the issue, no one seems to care. It's really frustrating but I'm switching over to another provider and never turning back.

rurocking

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi There,

My wife was on Telus on a pay as you go plan for nearly 3 year using a LG P500 with Android 2.3.3 and this was until Christmas this year (2015) and nothing was ever charged except the phone calls that she did make. I bought her a new Moto G 3rd Gen with Android 5.1.1 and since then the data keeps poke 3-4 times a day and eating away at her time. I also bought a Moto E 2nd Gen with Android 5.0 and the same thing is happening there. Because of that I was thinking that the problem is with Android and not Telus, but not after reading this. Now I am more confused then I was.

Regards,

RURocking

weikong987

Jun 9, 2016
Visit site
I have the same thing, telus, prepaid, mobile data off,everyday twice 1 cent charge for mobile data, do you get a answer from telus?

GFS587

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me. I have a Samsung s5, and LG K4, and same issue with both. It started in May 2015, but I found that if the phone was set to use WCDMA mode, then no data charges would occur. Since Telus is discontinuing the use of CDMA frequencies, that option will no longer work later this year. I've talked to customer service twice on this, and they are no help.

nina427

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
yes same thing happening to me! very annoying! i had a samsung previously with telus and had no problems, but i switched to a Motorola earlier this year and am being charged .01 a couple of times a day every day. i talked to customer service and no help also. does this also happen with roger and fido also?? does anyone know? i will def switch.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
yes same thing happening to me! very annoying! i had a samsung previously with telus and had no problems, but i switched to a Motorola earlier this year and am being charged .01 a couple of times a day every day. i talked to customer service and no help also. does this also happen with roger and fido also?? does anyone know? i will def switch.

That's weird. I have a Note 4 on a prepaid plan for my business and I never had this issue.
I was with Fido prior to that and no issue either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress